Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is it possible.....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Nicolajane, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Nicolajane

Nicolajane PetForums Member

...to be a cat owner and not be covered in cat hair all the time?

I'm furminating, zoom grooming and supplimenting with special oil and there is still a LOT of hair.

I'd like to get a third cat but it's the hair that puts me off.

2. SnazzyJazzy

SnazzyJazzy PetForums VIP

nope not possible lol :D its part of loving a cat lol iv have three short-ish haired cats and i still find the stuff everywhere just hoover lots :D

3. K337

K337 PetForums VIP

No but the best part about having multiple cats is finding a hair on you and then identifying the cat :D

I have it easy with two ticked boys of different colours and our girl is bi colour but curly :p

4. Nicolajane

Bummer! I might just have to stick at two then.

5. Lumboo

Lumboo PetForums VIP

I am the proud slave of two long haired cats and I am not covered in cat fur at all. It is on the stairs and sofa etc after a week of not cleaning but it doesn't seem to be on me/our clothes. The home visit CP lady warned me I would constantly be picking fur off my clothes, especially with long haired cats, but this hasnt been the case at all.

Mind you, the cats are groomed every other day so maybe this is why I don't have any on me.

I HAVE found black fur on my white study lounger chair though as evidence that the Furbies have not followed the rules and stayed out! I had photographic evidence at the weekend too.....

I remember going to a garden centre a few months back and holding the resident shorthaired cat. Afterwards we were absolutely dripping in tabby fur. Duncan said he appreciated why I groom the cats so much as they never leave a trace after we have been slept on. :D

6. Nicolajane

I'm wondering if it was really cold where my Elvis used to live. Or if the stress of moving means that there is a big cloud of hair when we stroke him even though I brush him daily.

7. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

One is not properly dressed if one is not wearing cat hair.

Fact!!!!! :D :D :D

8. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Not actually that bad here :D even Louie's snowballs are easy to pick up :lol: the spots however is a completely differnt case :rolleyes:

9. Nicolajane

My kitten doesn't really shed but my god the big boy does.

10. ella

ella PetForums VIP

I realised when I got Bibi that I was subconsciously buying clothes that matched my cat - my last was a Persian Blue/grey and I had loads of grey clothes, but now with Bibi I am buying lighter/cream coloured clothes:D

Just as well I dont have to wear a uniform - I dont know many cream uniforms!

11. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Furry clothes are normal are they not :eek:I've never been fur/hair free ever in my life.I have found though that longhair seems to be less of a problem than short hair.Ragdoll cat,Afghan Hounds not too much of a problem but short haired moggs and parents boxers :w00t: another story completely ;)

12. Mici

Mici PetForums Member

I have 3 in-door cats, 2 are shorthair and 1 is longhair. Surprisingly when we used to only have the longhaired cat (Gaia) there was no hair anywhere (I clean every day) but since getting the 2 youngsters who are both shorthaired...hairs are everywhere...
    I actually tought that hair shedding would be a bugger problem in longhaired cats vs shorthaired ones but it seems to me that it is the other way around :huh:

PS: You could always get a hairless breed - no hair to worry about than :) :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice