Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

is it okay for cats to eat cherries?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by little_miss_kitty, Jul 7, 2009.

1. little_miss_kitty

little_miss_kitty PetForums Senior

I've just been eating cherries and winston has been licking them so I gave him a tiny bit. Are cherries okay for cats to eat?

2. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Absolutely no idea ! i've only got chicken and fish poaching cats !! :D:D

3. little_miss_kitty

little_miss_kitty PetForums Senior

Winston is a bit strange like that. He loves his meat and fish but will happily eat cheese and cake (his favourite is jamaican ginger cake) oh and marmite..and now cherries :D

4. softpaws

softpaws PetForums Newbie

When our 16 y/o female cat was a few years old, she got hold of a bit of chilli pepper from a pizza. She spent the rest of the day drinking water :D:D

Some time later, she had a piece of thread hanging out of her bum. I pulled it carefully out and was shocked to find that there was a needle on the other end :eek: (I must have accidentally dropped that on the floor). She was a very lucky girl that it hadn't punctured her.

5. fishtankswimming

fishtankswimming PetForums Member

Not sure but my mate's Main Coon loves fresh lemons and organic raspberries:eek:ut:

Haven't tried mine on anything like that yet, but they totally ignored my table mats which I coated with fresh lemon juice and walked all over them.:confused:

6. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

you cud maybe google it?
    Sheldon loves banana. he sees me come and sit with it and start to peel it and he's rite by myside ready for his share ha ha.

jst done a google search, seems alot of cats like them and ppl are saying they are alrite as long as its not in large quantities and they dnt eat the pip

#6 hayleyb, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice