Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is it ok to feed frozen raw chicken breast straight from the freezer?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PandaBaird12, Oct 12, 2020.

1. PandaBaird12

PandaBaird12 PetForums Junior

I dropped a frozen chicken fillet on the floor so let my dobe have it she normally wolfs it down but because it was frozen she took her time and it lasted a while so made for a good treat, is it safe to do this regularly or is it bad for their teeth or something?

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

No idea but I would not do it and neither would I waste a perfectly good chicken fillet just because it fell on the floor!

PandaBaird12 likes this.
  3. PandaBaird12

PandaBaird12 PetForums Junior

I feed them a raw chicken breast each a couple times a week so it wasn't really a waste they would have ate one anyway just hadn't done it when frozen before, was asking because I put their Kong toys in the freezer with wet food in them and it lasts longer

Blitz likes this.
  4. LotsaDots

LotsaDots PetForums Senior

My dog has a frozen chicken thigh as a treat now and again she loves it.

PandaBaird12 and niamh123 like this.
  5. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Yep you're fine to do that - it's fairly common for people to do things like that in high summer with raw food. Sometimes you have to take care with some dogs and some specifics with regards to but fine for things without big (or any!) bones.

PandaBaird12 and niamh123 like this.
  6. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I feed frozen chicken legs, wings or whatever but not if the dog is already cold, and I want them eaten outside so only if it's warm enough and not raining in the garden.

PandaBaird12 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice