Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is it normal

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Shivles, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Shivles

Shivles PetForums Newbie

To feel extremely relieved when your pup falls asleep?! I'm quite glad of a rest from following him around, shouting no and having my pants ripped to shreds 😰

2. AOTN1984

AOTN1984 PetForums Junior

Ha ha I know exactly what you mean!

3. MyMillie

MyMillie MillieMoo'sMum

Its the most normal thing on this planet imo, these puppies can sure wear us out.....I remember it well :D

4. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I still love the time after I've come in from a walk and Bess collapses. It's 'me time'. :D

5. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

Yes! When Io falls asleep I can relax... though she is getting older now so not falling asleep as much but then she should gradually calm down with her nipping etc as well :)

6. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

I hated them being asleep when they were little - they were boring! But then I've had 2 very good pups so I think I am fortunate :)

7. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Yes perfectly normal....LOL

Why is it they always wake up during the last 5 minutes of a TV film/play that you're really engrossed in?

8. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

Sometimes,

I know her sleeping patterns so I schedule to do thing during these times!

Other then that I'm usually sitting their waiting for her to wake up! PLAY TIME!!
    Lol I'm still like a giddy child with her :w00t:

She is fast approaching 12 weeks though so I'm trying to make the best of it before she turns! Haha

9. Shivles

Shivles PetForums Newbie

If all my pants weren't being ruined I'd enjoy the playing more, it all starts well then he gets too excited, starts to eat me and I have to tell him off >.<

10. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

The only reason I'm here now is because we've come back from a run and she's asleep :D I find it very hard to work from home some days and Molly is 2, some days she is so distracted and energetic it's daft and always when I've a deadline.

11. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

Try concentrating on calmer games or games with an objective such as retrieve (with reward) or even using a sturdy cat toy as a flirt poll!

I completely avoid any games that have no 'objective' or involve just me and her. I've done this from day one and so far never gotten ott with me :) she does get mad with Rossi so I know she's got it in her!

Might help?

12. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

That's our big problem now I think about it. I've always done her training so she comes to find me not the OH, even though I've taught her a settle. She'll fall asleep with him and with me it's 'come oooon play'!

13. Dimwit

Dimwit PetForums VIP

My dog is 3 now and I am still relieved when he falls asleep;)

14. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Perfectly normal.....I am still relieved when my big gangly 1 year old puppy falls asleep....and sometimes my big gangly 3 year old puppy too :w00t:.

15. Fluffaluff

Fluffaluff PetForums Member

Perfectly normal! as soon as bed time comes around my 3 are ready to be crated up for the evening. they each go into their beds and get a tiny treat for making the right choice :rolleyes: though at the moment the youngest appears to think Dougies bed is hers and she doesnt mind sharing, much to his amusement :blush:

16. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Yes, been there got the tee-shirt. :D

17. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Dead right it's normal!

Same as with your kids - once you've checked that they are still breathing, you can flop into a chair and relax!

18. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Haha I would say that is perfectly normal :) Puppies/dogs can be very very exhausting and when they fall to sleep it can be great to have some time to yourself to unwind.

19. BeauNoir

BeauNoir PetForums VIP

I used to wake Pixie up to play all the time when she was a baby. I was told she would be bouncing off the walls all day, and she did. For the 45 seconds she was awake between naps. :rolleyes:

20. Shivles

Shivles PetForums Newbie

The 2 year old screaming and running away from him doesn't help, obviously that makes him chase her lol. I've tried fetch but he does it a couple of times then ignores what I throw and bites my arm...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice