Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is it normal?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by jenjen, Feb 14, 2008.

1. jenjen

jenjen PetForums Junior

My puppy is 10 weeks old and has 4 small meals a day. We're thinking about reducing his meals to 3 larger ones a day, but he's such a hungry little pup. I don't know if he's just greedy, but he's constantly on the scout for food, especially when I'm preparing family meals and he can smell it. And when I'm preparing his food he jumps around at my feet and shouts at me. Is it normal for a pup of his age to be so hungry/greedy all the time? And do you think I should reduce from 4 to 3 feed pers day, or keep giving him 4 while he's still like this? We've had him since he was 7 weeks and he doesn't seem to be getting any less greedy. He's fed on pedigree puppy food (I know some people don't approve of this but we've had no probs with either of our dogs whilst on pedigree food).

Thanks,
    Jen.

2. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Has he been wormed recently?

3. englishrose943

englishrose943 PetForums VIP

I think he needs worming. I raise all my puppies on pedigree puppy food complete andthey come on leaps and bounds so its not the food. What breed of puppy is it?

4. jenjen

jenjen PetForums Junior

yes he had worms when we brought him home, but he's since been re-wormed and was fine so the worms are definitely gone.

5. jenjen

jenjen PetForums Junior

He's a patterdale terrier.

6. englishrose943

Well with just try him with 3 larger meals and see if that can help. Doing this wont cause him any problems and like you say he has been wormed regularly then i guess you just have a hungry dog. Good luck

7. jenjen

jenjen PetForums Junior

ok, thanks. I hope he grows out of being so greedy :rolleyes:

8. englishrose943

Some dogs are like that i have 3 dogs and one of the girls will eat leaves, mud and anything that moves after she has eaten her food and she is 2 yrs old and still has 2 meals a day and she is a toy dog. lol.

9. jenjen

jenjen PetForums Junior

aww bless. lol. I suppose they're all different aren't they?!!! :D

10. englishrose943

yes they are so hope he grows out of it and just enjoy him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice