Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

is it just not obvious.........

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lizzyboo, May 21, 2010.

1. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

to some people that you are training your pup when out walking?
    just took pogus to a really nice wooded area that we have close by to us and we were coming home and there i am saying to him radley close and treating him when he follows the command, i saw two joggers coming up.... now radley is still at the stage where he thinks everyone thinks he is the best thing since sliced liver pate and wants to say hello to everyone so i am training him to sit and wait at the moment to resolve this issue.... there i am telling him to sit and then wait and telling him good boy when he does it, when the two bloody joggers change their course and run directly infront of radley who obviously cannot contain his excitement......... unfortunately neither could i and the joggers got a few choice words!

2. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

No is the simple answer!! :rolleyes:

Especially if people have never owned a dog they seem to think we just appear with them in public already trained and therefore it is all our fault whenever they 'trip over a puppy' or get 'jumped up' or 'barked at'!!! ;) :eek: :rolleyes:

3. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

No. I don't particularly mind if people interrupt our training or allow their dog to run over to us when training (only if its friendly) because it shows me what we have to work on in our training eg what he gets distracted at or how much of a distraction he can take before breaking command. I seem to walk with very knowledgable dog walkers and they know when people are training and if they can't control their dogs for that instant, they do apologise.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice