Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is it just me?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by WelshYorkieLover, Oct 25, 2012.

1. WelshYorkieLover

WelshYorkieLover PetForums VIP

Or are there other people on this forum that feels there's no point in being a member? Hardly any of my posts get replies unless I comment on someone elses. I am considering leaving to be honest because honestly what is the point in staying if I'm talking to myself :confused:

2. Ang2

Ang2 PetForums VIP

Im sure its not intentional :)

3. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

Happens with me too hence why I barely post anymore x

4. househens

househens Guest

I answered the dog in bed query. I'm in Oz, so can't watch the Sex thing, besides, I'm old and as interested in sex as a topic, as mechanical engineering or knitting.

5. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Just post that your periods late and should you tell your boyfriend...you'll get plenty of replies...or just lately on the kiddywinky fart joke threads.

What fascinates you doesn't necessarily grab everyones attention...don't worry about it. I get ignored on a regular basis...it's a way of life for me..:D

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Like ang said, its prolly not intentional, Ive had many threads with zero replies, but also many with loads, its just forum life, no biggie.
    Forums been quiet last few months, but thats common to and should pick up again, as it always does.

7. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Cheer up! You're not alone. You're never alone.
    Well, not if you're like me. :sneaky2:

I often talk to myself but do I care? Not as long as the voices in my head show me a little respect, good breeding and a few manners.

If we get ignored we simply shrug it off, sharpen a few knives and entertain some other activity we all enjoy doing together.

So there you go. Don't you feel much better now?

This is your 6th reply. :)

8. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

sometimes people just don't know what to say...Don't take it personally I'm sure its not meant that way...

9. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

Post in the bird section....its almost devoid of life there...

Like others have said some posts attract a lot of attention and I think sometimes the 'big ' discussions ( note big not important) grab the limelight...

10. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Cheeky sod :D...I just read your post in there :dita:

Not having experience with your type of bird I didn't comment.

11. lolhall

lolhall PetForums Senior

Sometimes I don't reply cos I don't feel I have anything that is worth saying or what I would say has already been said but I do sometimes wonder why the funny ar ranting threads get more replies its like unless your ready to slit em or wet em its not important :rolleyes:
    Anyway I'm used to being ignored, Rosie is now laid on the couch even though I told her to get down, Alfies put post man pat on and I wanted to watch the news, Holly is tying Alfies school bag straps round her legs and Lewis still hasn't taken his breakfast bowl in the kitchen :rolleyes:

12. Golgotha_tramp

Golgotha_tramp PetForums Senior

I have had times feeling like that too. I guess for me I am here everyday but I only post when I feel I have something worthwhile to add, not just verbal diarrhoea.

The problem with that I no one can "see me" on the forum unless I post so then I wonder why all these people I see everyday are ignoring me. That's why I come into general now more as you kind of have licence to fire posts out willy nilly.

But still in Cat chat A lot of my posts get ignored (except my new ones as I have kittens coming).

13. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

I think we all have times when we think this, I know I do - sometimes I think I'm the kiss of death on a thread because I reply and it seems to die a death :eek: I'm the last on it - whoops :D

14. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

That happens to me as well, ah well, I'm not as interesting as I had hoped.

15. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Sometimes its just a timing thing a threads get missed - I tend to click on the new posts thing at the top so think I miss some that way. If there is one of the big controversial threads going on that takes attention from other areas too.

Don't take it personally just one of those things - anyway this thread is already on 2 pages lol :)

16. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Some days there is just SO much activity on here, it is difficult to read all threads or posts. I 'hover' over new thread titles to get an idea of the subject (if the title is not self-explanatory) and decide from the snippet I see if I want to read it or not.

It may also depend at which point you post in a thread - if you are late to it, and end up repeating what someone else has written, people are less likely to acknowledge it because they would be repeating themselves if they have already posted before you.

If you really want to be 'noticed' become a cheeky bint like Lavs and I and just take the piss all the time. :sneaky2: :D :D :D

#16 MoggyBaby, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  17. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

I think everyone feels like that at some point on the forum - you just have to persevere hun - there are some "big characters" who do seem to post and get replies more than others but its always been that way ...what I can tell you though is flavours of the month change and people come and go so in some way everyone does get the chance to have their shining moment lol - just keep going hun :):)

18. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I'm sorry but................. who are you????????

:devil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

19. lolhall

lolhall PetForums Senior

Me too!!!!!!!:eek: you know that feeling when you walk in a room and everyone stops talking? Its a bit like that :D
    So someone realy needs to post something else on this thread now or I'll start getting realy paronoid :D

20. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

:dita::dita: cheeky bugger! ;) :D:D:Dxxxx

I have often been a thread killer!!! :ihih:;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice