UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys

My question relates to my old girl Bubble. She is 17 years old and generally in good health, she's going to ones and two's with no problem and all looks normal, she has a very healthy appetite, she is still pretty active for a lady of her advance years and outwardly shows no signs of ill health, that is despite her loss of weight. This has been a gradual thing over a period of time and I just wondered if anyone had thoughts on this.

Heres a picture of her for you all-

Thanks

Justin

·
Registered
108 Posts
Its difficult to say whether it's old age or something else. :confused: I guess if she keeps losing weight it might be worth taking her to the vets to get checked over just in case it's something else that can be cured.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Even thought she is old ( and very pretty BTW) I would be tempted to take her to the vets. A simple blood test could check for kidney problems, or thyroid problems. Better safe than sorry.

( P.S I know I'm new around here hope you don't mind me butting in)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You butt away, that is what forums are all about, sharing experiences and views, thanks for the replies, gonna get her to the vets this week to get her checked out, better safe than sorry.

Just.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is just guesswork on my part, but your cat might have hyperthyroidism. My cat, Shania, has this. For quite awhile, she was eating, but not putting on weight. We finally took her to the vet and found out she had hyperthyroidism. That could be the problem with Bubble. I'm not a vet, so I can't really diagnose the problem. I'm just guessing. But taking her to the vet sounds like a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.