Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is it contagious?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Houseofpets, May 1, 2011.

1. Houseofpets

Houseofpets PetForums Member

I took my dog to the emergency vets this morning as he has a gastric infection going on and was vomitting small amounts of blood, they have gave him an injection of zantac and one of Cerenia. They have sent him home with some more liquid Zantac and some Antepsin. He also has a bad case of Borborygmi and this evening the puppies tummy sounds the same and he hasn't eaten his food as well as normal today!

Could this gastric 'thing' be contagious? My older Border Collie seems absolutely fine.

My Daxie is a terrible scavinger and will eat everything he can get to including rotting veg from the compost heap etc, he needs to be supervised at all times in the garden to make sure he doesn't eat anything he shouldn't so we kind of thought this might have caused the problem, mayb he snuck something that we didn't see him eat!? :cryin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice