Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is it aggression?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by puppymadness, Feb 16, 2021.

1. puppymadness

puppymadness PetForums Senior

Hi so today I was walking Luna and we always see these 2 dogs (a Yorkie and a Scottie)
    Luna has seen them since she was a puppy and since she has got bigger I normally keep her to heel (they are all off lead) or make her sit and wait they do sometimes come and say hi and I make Luna ignore them. Today though I let her say hi they had a quick sniff while I said hi to their owner. The Scottie was standing in front of Luna and all of a sudden was under Luna and Luna was growling (presuming Luna pinned him). I called her and she came to me her hackles were up but they go up easily when she is excited/aroused. Apart from that her body language was relaxed. Scottie dog was fine and the owner.
    Luna has done this before with a small bitch. Not sure if it's aggression and if it is why? Luna is 2 next month and yesterday on our walk we met different dogs little and big is fine. I understand like humans I can't expect her to like everyone but not sure what this dog did or why it happened.

2. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums VIP

Without seeing it in person it is very difficult to know, it could just be play as hackles do go up during play or it could have been the other dog took a step to far for Luna.
    I would brush it off as a good example of dog communication.

3. puppymadness

puppymadness PetForums Senior

Thank you for reply her hackles go up with her friends when she plays so I'm not as worried about them it was more the growling again though they growl when they play but it certainly sounded like Luna was shouting at him. From memory though there was no signs that it was doing something she didn't like apart from blocking her. Don't want her to be the playground bully so to speak. Think it upset me more than the other owner so maybe I'm reading too much into it. When we see them this morning I'll put her on a lead and make her sit and wait as they go past.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice