Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is her milk in?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by celicababe1986, Jun 29, 2009.

1. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

My pregnant cats nipples seem almost saggy...almost squishy like. (sorry hard to explain :blushing:) Is this her milk coming in?
    If so how long have I roughly got?:D

She has also got the ump with me I think :rolleyes:.....She is usually all for me, but no interest in me what so ever :(, but she wont leave my partner alone (not jealous lol:wink5:). Not sure why, i feed her, clean up after her and play with her :mad:!! lol

Anyway back on track :rolleyes: any ideas.
    Thank you x

2. celicababe1986

:eek:hmy: anyone?:confused:

3. Mochali

Mochali PetForums Member

The milk comes in just before the birth, can be up to a few days before...not long now :)

4. celicababe1986

Sorry another question. When I am at home I allow all the cats together, should I start splitting them up? Or wait till I think she is in labour? Thanks

5. bluechip

bluechip PetForums Senior

you need a place just for the preggy one now and a birthing box, i split my girls two weeks before birth.

6. celicababe1986

ok have split them :)
    Her milk is definatly there...it feels like theres loads at the back nipples too. Her stomach also looks like its 'dropped'. She doesn't look like she is sticking out at the sides no more, but her belly looks like its dragging on the floor :p.
    Other than that she is acting completely normal, eating like there's no tomorrow, grooming ALOT. Toilet habbits are normal, seeping all the time lol :rolleyes:

Any one want to guess how long i have left?
    Place your bets lol!!:001_tt2:

7. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

do you not know then?

8. celicababe1986

Unfortunately my 'neutured' male got to her.
    She is an indoor cat so has never had any contact with any other cats other than the 2 she lives with. I decided the male was the first to get the chop since i have 2 females, but vet told me they could'nt do it yet as he hadnt developed properly. so I kept them all seperate, he went had the neutering and little niave me said yay we safe, all run together!!:eek::eek::eek:

Now i have one fat cat and one tom laughing at me because he got there before i did:rolleyes:

9. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

oh right lol...I rescued another pregnant cat yesterday, and unsure when shes due but she is ready i think...her kittens are well big, shes very very cuddley and is wherever i am, she has been snooping around, but i have a box that hopefully she will use, she cries now and again, but only for a second...same again shes eating fine, toilet fine..My cat lucky who had kittens last year never went off her food...so they all have different pregnancies...

Im gonna put a diary on in abit so can let everyone know her progress, day by day...they are a good bunch on here, and helped me loads with lucky..and i like it that everyone gets excited..I do when someones cat is in labour...even when a dog is in labour...its very interesting just how the labours do differ from one another...:wink5:

10. celicababe1986

Just read what I wrote and realised I did not answer the question :p
    I havnt a clue :confused::confused:

11. celicababe1986

Thanks very much...I have followed your posts and even left rep (I think :rolleyes:, new to this lol)

I understand every pregnancy is different...just wished they sometimes read the same book as us lol:p

mypets likes this.
  12. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

we are in the same boat then lol :eek:

13. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

oh thankyou very much...didnt relise, yeh iv got a few out..im very happy that i have rescued the 2 pregnant cats i have, but wish people would know when they mated or have gotten them done..

saw another ad on pets 4 homes today...2, yes 2 from the same household looking for a new home, "free to good home, 2 pregnant cats, having kittens very soon"

I thought omgggggggg

14. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Is your cat always sleeping? selecta..(dont ask, the last owners had a bo, male, and she got the short straw)...is sleeping, sleeping and sleeping! shes also grooming alot, cleaning her fur all over her body...is that a sign anyone? x:001_tt2:

15. celicababe1986

I know they are everywhere. wish I had the space and money to help like you do :(

I believe they do groom alot when pregnant, it also pulls the hair out from around the nipples (I think anyway). If there pregnancy is anything like ours then i sleep alot....so they must too :p.

In the last hour she has kept walking in and out of her box, then laying down against something cool like the cold radiator or a wall, then repeats the whole thing :rolleyes: . Think I may stay up with her tonight, I am a worrier :001_tt2:

16. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

have you got a picture of her? and bump?

17. celicababe1986

I do but I can't upload them :(
    I have one of them new mini laptop things that doesnt accept them :mad: I need my OH to have a look and see if he can change the input to make it work. (he a comp whizz, I defo am not lol)

I have seen bigger bumps on prego cats, but she is only tiny herself, so she does look big to me.

18. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

yeh these 2 are very small, their heads look like they have been put onto their bodies...:yesnod:

19. celicababe1986

20. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

aww is that her as a kitten?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice