Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is he now ill??

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by mom24, Jun 5, 2010.

1. mom24

mom24 PetForums Newbie

Our 10mth dsh cat is still a house cat but has just spent 4days in a cattery. Since being home he's been sneezing alot. He's completely up to date with injections. Now I'm wondering if it's natural due to change of season??? Or he has a cold because the cattery is not as warm as home?? Or could he of caught something??
    Any advise appreciated.

2. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

I would say it's just the new environment....but take him to the vet to be checked out.

3. Tobacat

Tobacat PetForums Senior

When I was younger one of our cats caught cat flu in a cattery and in turn her three sisters caught it off her they were a month over due on their injections. It's unlikely to be cat flu, but from my experience I would get him checked out to be on the safe side.

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

How is he in himself otherwise? His usual self or a bit more quiet or lethargic? Still eating properly? Does he have discharge from his nose (cats frequently scratch their nose with their paws when they have that)?

Cats sneeze for a variety of reasons - you could have changed your cleaning product and he is reacting to that. Or it could be more dusty in the house?

Or he could have caught something at the cattery but then I think he would show other symptoms (such as lack of appetite, discharge, being lethargic, which might indicate a fever) no just sneezing.

If he does seem not his usual self than I would take him to the vet. Otherwise I personally would be inclined to see whether it will settle down by itself.

Hope that helps

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice