Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is he coming out his shell?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lilylass, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

So .... as some of you know, I've very sadly had to make the heartbreaking decision to rehome Mia http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-chat/325940-how-cope-rehoming-much-loved-cat.html

I'm still really struggling without her here as she was my shadow and really went everywhere I did and followed me around everywhere :( but (fingers crossed as it's still early days) she's doing really well in her new home :) and hopefully in a few weeks I'll go for a visit (don't want to do it too soon and risk upsetting her)

Anyway ..... Archie's still not going upstairs much :( - he did arrive just before I was getting up this morning and had a quick 5 min cuddle :)

He's been out all day today (which is what he'd usually do but he's hardly been out at all the past week) so maybe things are getting back to normal!

BUT .... I've just heard the most almighty racket and wondered what on earth was going on .... (blaming Maisie :eek:) and there he is on the stairs with one of the tiny leather cat nip mice :)

THEN ..... he went nuts playing with the big mouse that I've got attached to the scratching pole downstairs :)

It's made me realise that it's been a long time since I've seen him play with toys (he loves dangler toys & can always be tempted with them - but I mean playing by himself without me starting it IYKWIM)

Hopefully he's starting to settle and come out his little shell a bit more :)

2. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Playing is always a good sign. :) Hope things get easier for Archie and you.

3. Mirx3

Mirx3 PetForums VIP

Sounds like a good sign to me :)

Glad to hear he is playing :) maybe he is feeling like a kitten again ;)

4. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

Also sounds good to me, progress is progress no matter how little or long it takes. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice