Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is giving a bit of eukanuba kibble

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by ad_1980, Jul 10, 2009.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

a good alternative to giving treats?

2. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

I would say yes as my dog has kibble as a reward because he has an iffy stomach so I stick to his food.

3. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I hope so because I got a free bag of eukanuba puppy that I plan on using as treats!

4. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Thanks guys i was thinking that this might be better to use as a reward when going on walks rather than those other treats - might be a healthier alternative for a puppy anyway.

5. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

iv never really reccommended using food as treats, not for any sort of health reason though.

i think rewards for training should be something of high value that the dog wouldnt regularly get. as the dog gets the food as part of his daily routine, it might not find it as exciting to come back to just get food he would get anyway. if you get what i mean. though thats just my opinion. i know bailey wouldnt come running if i just had his dinner in my hands hehe.

6. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I think if you have a particualr problem with an aspect of training, then something different is a good idea and could maybe be all thats needed for extra motivation, but mine are fine with training and i feed burns and prefer them to have that as a treat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice