Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

is everything alright with my pregnant cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by kiya, May 22, 2017.

1. kiya

kiya PetForums Junior

When my cat was 4 month old she accidently came under my brother's foot while playing...my brother's weight was 120 kg and after that she started bleeding from her urine..this problemproblem was solved and she came back to normal urination after certain medication ..now she is 1 year old and pregnant .she is has bcome 29 days pregnant today.so i am worried will her history affect her pregnancy...she is so playful and good..but i m concerned...

Attached Files:

2. RottieMummy

RottieMummy Run free at the bridge my darling x

If you're worried that her injury as a kitten could affect her pregnancy now then why did you breed her?

FeelTheBern, ouesi, Babyshoes and 8 others like this.
  3. kiya

kiya PetForums Junior

My friend left her tom cat to my house in my absence...if now shes pregnant then is there something to worry?? Till now she is fine but later i dont know if situation may change

4. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

If she had blood in her urine after the accident she could well have sustained pelvic injuries but no-one can tell that apart from a vet who's examined her.
    My advice is to take her to a vet urgently and ask about emergency spay which will involve taking the uterus, ovaries and kittens away..
    Did she see a vet after her accident ?

ouesi, Babyshoes, Matrod and 5 others like this.
  5. kiya

kiya PetForums Junior

S
    Yes i have taken her to the vet.but here the region where i live has only one vet and the doctors are not good..no facilities for animal emergency

6. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Have her spayed,. immediately.

7. Serenity123

Serenity123 PetForums Member

I would get her spayed, having a previous injury to her pelvis is not good especially to let her have a litter of kittens. Sadly you are risking her life as well as the kittens.

RottieMummy likes this.
  8. RottieMummy

RottieMummy Run free at the bridge my darling x

If she was spayed then your friends tom cat coming into the house wouldn't have been an issue. There is absolutely no reason to let a female cat get to a year old still unneuteted. Most vets will do it around 4 months old, some younger, and even the old fashioned ones will do it at 6 months old.

Serenity123 likes this.
  9. Serenity123

This is why all my kittens will be neutered before rehoming x

RottieMummy likes this.
  10. kiya

kiya PetForums Junior

She was not spayed..here the region where i live is not having much facilities for animals...only 1 vet is there ..that even so bad that how could i spay her...according to my experience the veterianarians here are not good..they are not proffesional in their work..

11. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

You asked for advice which was given. Unfortunately you seem unable to do what we've all suggested which is to get her spayed as a matter of urgency.
    I'm afraid none of us can reassure you that the injuries she sustained as a kitten will not make her birth trouble free, the chances are that she will have a difficult birth and she or the kittens could die without veterinary care.
    Is there a cat welfare organisation you could hand her over to., who would help her ?

QOTN, Babyshoes and kiya like this.
  12. Serenity123

I don't know where you are but I would be moving heaven and earth to get her to a vet who did know what he was doing, leaving her unneutered for a year is bad enough, risking her life is beyond that. None of us can tell you that she will be ok or not but I know if my girl had an injury to her pelvis she would not be getting bred from.

RottieMummy likes this.
  13. kiya

kiya PetForums Junior

14. kiya

kiya PetForums Junior

But did the caserian section could help her at the time of labour..it might save both the life...plz tell?

15. Michebe

Michebe PetForums Member

If there are no vets near by who you trust, how will you get her to the vet for a c-section. These are usually emergencies and need to happen quick, but even with this there is always a risk to mommy cat

ouesi and RottieMummy like this.
  16. Serenity123

If you can trust the vet to do a section in an emergency you can trust the vet to neuter her. She's very high risk with having a previous injury.

RottieMummy likes this.
  17. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I would be very concerned if what you have said above is actually correct.
    How on earth will you get the help you need if your poor girl does need help during labour .Did it not occur to you that if neutering was a dangerous thing to attempt due to a lack of decent vets surely needing a C-section is going to be damn near impossible.
    I would suggest you get your act together and find a vet who will neuter her now,even if that means travelling a fair distance

18. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

If you can't find a vet willing to spay can you find one who will do a cesarian?

ouesi and Serenity123 like this.
  19. Vanessa131

Vanessa131 PetForums VIP

I really don't think people appreciate how hard it is to find vet care in some countries, for many this involves flights and the kind of money the average resident simply doesn't have. So suggesting someone gets their act together is quite rude when we have the luxury of both money and easy access to vets.

Vantuuz, Rufus15 and Shrike like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice