Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is dried green tripe safe?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by mollypip, Feb 28, 2017.

1. mollypip

mollypip PetForums Senior

I have a phobia about giving my dogs any type of bone or hard chew in case they choke or get a blockage, and I feel a bit guilty sometimes because I know they'd love something to chew on. I did used to give them those deer antlers until I found out they destroyed teeth.

So everything I've read about dried tripe seems positive and it looks like its a safe treat. Would that be correct? Would many here give dried tripe and consider ot safe?

2. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

I give Muttly 100% dried tripe every other day. It;s perfectly safe, he adores it.
    He also has Cow Ears and Raw lamb ribs.

How big is your dog? If your dog is small, then Morrisons do their own 100% natural dried tripe chews for £2, you get about 10-12 in there.
    If you have a bigger dog then Pet at Home do huge bags for £11.

mollypip likes this.
  3. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

mollypip and Muttly like this.
  4. Shikoku

Shikoku PetForums VIP

Lexiedhb, mollypip and Muttly like this.
  5. mollypip

mollypip PetForums Senior

Thank you. Ive a collie a lab and a terrier, although the terrier probably won't be interested:Angelic, so medium sized dogs. I was actually planning on probably getting the one on zooplus as I get my dogfood from there. Im also limited because 2 of them have chronic pancreatitis so its great that the fat content is ok.
    I worry most about the collie because she's a bit dumb with food and eats very fast. But I do really want to give them something to chew, for their teeth as well.

I would imagine the zooplus one is good?http://m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_treats_chews/beef/offal/229715

6. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

Yup, that one is fine :)

You could try holding one end of it with your Collie, to teach her not to take it and gulp?

mollypip likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice