Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is covid entering your dreams?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lorilu, Feb 9, 2021.

1. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I hadn't thought about this before, because up until last night, none of my dreams had any 'covid flavor'. But then I read a thread in another forum where people are having all these bad dreams about covid (being in a room full of unmasked people and the like).

I am the type that is susceptible to the power of suggestion and wouldn't you know after reading that thread what do I do but have a dream with a covid flavor to it.

So it got me wondering if anyone here is having these types of dreams?

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

My dream:

I was riding my bike (I haven't ridden a bike in years) past a house that, in a previous dream I had been considering moving to (I have repeat dreams about moving all the time, even now, after finally buying a house). I saw the house was being moved into and I stopped to see who was moving in (not something I would do in real life).

I felt a hesitation because I saw none of them were wearing masks, as (in real life) I am isolating right now in order to visit a vulnerable person on Saturday, but in the dream I went ahead inside. The dream became a shambles after that, weird animals and weird people and weird situations impossible to describe now, but the point of this is that it is the first time I've dreamed "about covid" in any way at all, and it was only after reading about other people having these dreams that I dreamed it!

Also interesting that my subconscious utilized other repeat dream themes, and just added the covid flavor to it.

3. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

No but I’m sleeping badly I wake up in the night and can’t get back off. When this first started I was sleeping loads I think it was just my minds way of coping.

I suppose it is in my dreams I often dream I’m surrounded by people and friends then I wake up really sad when I remember.

4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

No.

I have the odd bad night’s sleep anyway and my mind gets active when I’m awake in the small hours but Covid doesn’t figure in my thoughts.

5. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums VIP

Yes, I had a dream about a week ago that I was in a shopping mall and I was the only one without my mask. I felt naked and vulnerable (ever had a naked in public dream?)

I was trying to find a shop that sold masks but it just kept getting busier and busier and all the doors were closing.

Not a very nice dream, was pleased to wake up.

6. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Thankfully not for a long time, but I noticed this morning that I felt really irritated when my OH (bubble) stood near me when we were shopping, and I kept stepping away from him :Shamefullyembarrased.
    We're a fun mix! He's desperately lonely, and I'm getting people phobic :Bag

cheekyscrip likes this.
  7. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

I have done but not for a while now. I do have very vivid dreams though. In real life im scared of heights. And in my dreams i am also scared of heights. Annoying.

The last vivid dream i had, i had to cross a high bridge. My friend was ahead going up high steps easily. But i could not proceed.

My dreams quite often have high things that i cant get to. Must be a symbol of unfulfilled potential.

Sometimes i dream i find a room in my house. I love those kind of dreams. Like i open a door and there is another amazing set of rooms in there. I have always had very vivid dreams. Sometimes i go to the most amazing places in my sleep.

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

oooh, covid nightmares you say??

Yup. Mine happen whilst Im awake though and are called 'work'.
    :Hilarious

9. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I’ve had one or two dreams involving covid mainly forgetting my mask or having people come too close to me, things that I guess could actually occur. Thankfully no being in hospital and struggling to breathe, that would be a nightmare scenario.
    Sleeping ok ish, tend to wake up during the night to go to the loo and then not able to drop off again which is annoying.

10. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Oddly I get a recurring dream similar to your open a door to a set of whole new rooms, except this is another house within the house that for some reason I don’t know is there for years until I find it one day, really odd dream

tabelmabel likes this.
  11. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Apparently, it is quite a common dream @Siskin and represents unfulfilled potential. It is my favourite dream to have as the new rooms are always so big and interesting. I must have a lot of unfulfilled potential!

12. StormyThai

StormyThai Moderator
    Staff Member

No.
    I am honestly sleeping the best I have slept in over 10 years and I've managed some lovely dreams because of that :D
    Once everything starts to open back up again the drunken prats and the air traffic will make sure to ruin my sleep again!

13. Pawscrossed

Pawscrossed PetForums Senior

I have had a few that play on things that I've been doing. There are a few funerals going on here and I seem to have dreams of people inviting me to them and not wearing masks. And a lot of sleepless nights.

14. pinklizzy

pinklizzy PetForums Senior

Yes, when I can actually get any sleep at the moment, I quite often have covid related dreams.
    I think they are stress related so usually also involve a work situation and angry people.

15. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

Ever since my dad died in a freak accident when I was 9 I’ve had very vivid dreams & nightmares.
    I can go a few days without having any & then bang they come flooding back & I can sometimes have two or three in one night.

My gp surgery phoned me midday yesterday to book me in for my Covid vaccination for yesterday afternoon. I know for a fact that if they had given me any time to think about the vaccination, like phoning me on Saturday to book it for Monday afternoon I would have had a few dreams/ nightmares about it.

I could watch a programme or news bulletin, not really think much about it & then it could be in a few weeks time or even a year I’d have a dream/ nightmare about it.

All of them a very real, some are greatly disturbing.

In my early 20’s I was involved in a physically violent relationship for three years.
    I don’t think about it all the time, I can go weeks/ months without thinking of what that guy did to me. Then three nights ago I went to sleep ok, woke up two hours later shaking, really upset & angry.. I had had a nightmare recapping one of the attacks he had done to me.

But since the Covid outbreak in March last year I have had a few dreams about it. Not so much nightmares, nothing nasty or anything. Just the usual, walking out of my house & forgetting to take my mask with me.
    Other people not wearing their masks, or not wearing them properly (this really does wind me up in real life).

I have had a couple of sessions with a psychiatrist to try & stop all these nightmares/ dreams but it didn’t work.
    Once we are all back to normal’ish I might look back into seeing a hypnotherapist & see if they can help me.

16. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Oh yes. The joy of The Hospital. Keep strong!

17. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Not until recently. The new covid advert (I say new I've seen it for at least a month now I think) makes me really anxious and emotional and I've found I keep getting nightmares of that advert, especially when stressed or anxious.

18. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Last night I had a ridiculous dream that I was in a hospital and realised I wasn't wearing a mask. Was running around in a panic, with my hand over my face, trying to find the way out - which was basically impossible! I eventually found a door, but I had to walk through a load of really wet and slippery mud, and ruined my lovely shiny shoes :( and then there was a ship outside, but it vanished.
    Maybe I won't eat chocolate before sleep again.
    :Doctor

Siskin and SusieRainbow like this.
  19. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

I've had a lot of dreams about scary situations I found myself in during my late teens/early 20s , really vivid and frightening. I must have brushed them aside at the time and they've come back to the surface.
    Also lots about being lost in a strange town and moving house.
    More recently lots of dreams about being pregnant - I'm 72!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice