Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is anyone finding dogwalkingnow useful?

Discussion in 'Dog Services' started by padifoot, Mar 22, 2011.

1. padifoot

padifoot PetForums Junior

Hello,

I am on dog walking now, and it has come to my attention that something isn't quite right- it may just be me but I'd love to hear what other people think on this.

I spoke to someone a few weeks ago and they said it isn't a good website because she lives in the North and all the jobs posted are in the South of England. And now I come to think of it when I look on it, all the jobs are pretty much up North and I live in the South. (Different to what she had said)

Then I replied to a dog owners job wanting her dog walked- and I gave the perfect letter. The next day, on the left of the page it had said- here are a few of our happy dog owners. I'm like what!!!!! I literally replied to her ad the day she put it up, and the application doesn't close till 2 weeks, and the site is already saying she has chosen a walker.

So now I'm thinking are these job ads delayed to some people, so they do not have a chance?

I am now worried that what if the website was built, where they have a company behind it who take all the jobs in a certain area? I know it sounds bizzare. But I am getting a little concerned with the limited jobs in my area and how no one replies to my job applicants and jobs are already filled before the ad closes.

I hope thats not too confusing and you kinda got the drift of what I am saying.

I love the site, but its not really bringing me customers and I don't know if I am doing something wrong or the site itself??

Thanks

Marcel909 likes this.
  2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I've been looking at that site too. I haven't got the money to sign up but it seemed a bit too good to be true to me (ps - I hope it isn't and that you get lots of business from it :) )

Em
    xx

3. padifoot

Thanks for the reply. I know what you are saying, it does look too good to be true. But I just think its weird how someone up in the North says there's never jobs in the North and myself saying all jobs are up in the North. It makes you wonder whether it was/is bad timing for both of us or something isn't right with the site.

I really would love to have more customers, but I don't quite know how to find them. What have you found useful?

Thanks

Lou x

4. Petloversdigest

Petloversdigest PetForums Senior

I found posting an ad on Gumtree useful - it seems well read and you can confine your ad to local regions and it's free!

5. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

facebook! They have pages where you have freestuff/for sale etc in ... location

I have been advertising my business there and i have had loads of business through it best part is its free and local to you!.
    good luck

6. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Padifoot, Are you on Googlemaps? It is free to list and local, also Google Adwords is free until someone clicks on your ad, then you pay, but you can set a budget.

There are loads of free listing sites I have found and you can even get a free listing in Yell.com

This one you're talking about I have never heard of, but if you are paying I would cancel if I were you. With all the free ones about, do you really need it?

With the Google ones, you can put in your own areas and your own keywords, so if someone looks under dog training, or dog walking, or whatever, your ad will come up and it will be local. Google is the most popular search engine there is, so well worth doing.

You can also get a free listing in Thomson Local Directory the same way.

7. padifoot

Totally agree that gumtree is great!! :001_smile:

8. padifoot

Hello,

I'm slightly confused with what you wrote. I have tried facebook but I can only finding advertising where you have to pay per click, but I don't understand what you have gone on for it to be free.

Please could you help me understand where on facebook you have gone through to get it free etc?

Many Thanks

9. padifoot

Hey,

Funny you mentioned googlemaps (Google places)- that is the worst site I have ever had to deal with!! I put an ad on it, and I had to wait for a postcard for a pin. I then typed the code and it said that ad was active. But I look myself up on google places and I never come up. I have been hunting for a telephone number where I can ask for help as to what I am doing wrong- and theres nothing.

Can you help me out as to what I may have done wrong?

Many Thanks loux

10. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I'm still waiting for a postcard, only put mine on yesterday, but this is the number of the helpline for adwords: 0845 358 0038

If they can't help, they should be able to give you another number.

11. Petloversdigest

Yes, I would love to know more about this too -I always feel I haven't really got the hang of facebook and it's true potential to reach customers.

12. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Candysmum has kindly put instructions on my visitor messages, if anyone cares to have a look. I was just as confused. I find Facebook really confusing at the best of times, can never find what I am looking for.

13. Petloversdigest

Thanks for that - will read and learn....:)

14. Andromeda

Andromeda PetForums Senior

I found it! You are creating your own page on Facebook.
    I was checking another dog trainer business page and on left side under likes I found:
    Create a Page
    Simply click and you have got your free advertisement.

15. Petloversdigest

I followed the instructions on Newfiesmum visitor messages (thanks Newfiesmum) and that seemed to work too - will be most interested to see if my site stats now change as a result....watch this space! :D (I love the internet!)

16. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

You can make your own business page as well, as Andromeda says. I did one myself today, though I must say I still find facebook one of the most complicated sites around.

17. kate11

kate11 PetForums Junior

Im a member or dog walking now, and the same problem is with me being located in the North all jobs are down south way past Manchester!

This is very bizzare somthing has to be wrong! :rolleyes::

I have applied to 5 jobs and recived 1 and walk a lovely jack russel.

Maybe its just the luk of the draw but very odd, as to what has been said in prev posts above.

Ive ended my membership.

kate and ruby

18. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I wonder if anyone has contacted this website and told them of the problem. If people are paying to advertise for dog walkers (don't know if they are) they at least want to know that suitable people are seeing it.

19. kate11

kate11 PetForums Junior

Just to let all no i have tried emailing the dog walking now site, and the mail address is not properly installed cant find a number?

does anyone else have any problems with the site too?
    with gaining customers.

kate and ruby

20. padifoot

Hello Kate and Ruby,

That's not really professional is it. They are advertising themselves all over the internet and yet they don't have their emails working?!?! Did you use this email info@dogwalkingnow.co.uk ?? What did you try writing to them saying?

What really annoyed me was how I really wanted to walk this dog that lives near me, and I wrote a brilliant application, and it said the job closes in 4 weeks... then all of a sudden the very next day- this customer was on the left- being one of their satisfied customer. So it gave me the impression that certain ads get put on their late (For people like us), so that other people get a chance first. The way I see it is; if the customer was to choose someone... its very short timing to put an ad up, then view a load of dog walkers and then choose one by the very next day. Just doesn't add up.

Lou x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice