Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is anyone else looking forward to autumn/winter??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Sep 2, 2013.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Or am I odd? :laugh:

I love wrapping up warm and walking in the darker evenings.

And I especially love crisp clear frosty mornings!

I also like how most people stay inside because its cold/dark, and this means they don't bother me on my walks :dita:

I know some of us don't like the darker nights - I used to hate walking in the dark and I still won't go anywhere there isn't street lights, walking back from my friends there is 4 street lights out on a big corner and I have to walk real fast on that part! I'd love to be brave enough to take the dogs on the dog walking field at night... but no chance, defo not on my own!

2. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

Yes - I love the cold, frosty, fresh mornings :)

3. Wyrekin

Wyrekin PetForums VIP

I am at the moment but ask me again in a few months when I've been working outside all day!

4. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

The one thing Im not looking forward to is the big black spiders coming in the house:eek:

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

That reply makes me want to cry!!! :scared: :scared:

OMG I am going to go and google what I can do to keep them away from me. :eek: and now I have no one to get rid of them for me either!!!! :scared:

6. Wyrekin

Wyrekin PetForums VIP

I already have one in my kitchen, or atleast I had one, Bandit ate it...

7. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I bought a spray the other day, supposed to keep them out:rolleyes: we'll see, or then theres the conkers but they are bad for dogs:(

8. 2lisa2

2lisa2 PetForums VIP

Love the winter we have a wood burning stove not better than being all snug listening to the fire crackling with a nice glass of wine bliss :D

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I know I might get the conkers and string them up around the doors :laugh:

Citrus candles are supposed to help.... but most things with a smell bug my head, I can't have much scented stuff.

10. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

I love winter just as much as Oscar.

Long winter nights and short winter days.

Six months of deep, deep snow and barely another living soul in sight until spring.:001_smile:

11. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Thats a good idea around the doors, might try that:)

12. 2lisa2

2lisa2 PetForums VIP

Anything citrus an I get migraines :(

13. cheekymonkey68

cheekymonkey68 PetForums VIP

Love the autumn and winter too!! Lots of bilberries and blackberries all ready to be picked in the woods at the moment, then conkers followed by chestnuts.
    I've always used conkers to keep the spiders out too, but when I had a cat... I'll thread them and hang them this year thats a great idea :) :)
    Cant wait for some frosty morning walks on the heaths and in the woods. Quiet walks in the woods with snow falling and icy ponds.....and then coming back to a toasty woodburner...... yep loving the cold weather too!

14. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

I love all the seasons. Autumn is bright colours and a nip in the air, a fresh chill and frost in the mornings.
    Already the mornings are darker, won't be long before I start bumping into low branches in the woods when out early with Indie :)
    Sadly I also love the clocks changing, just as it gets cold back goes the clock and the nights draw in. Lovely to pull the curtains and snuggle in for the night.

15. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

Hate it having to walk in the dark round the streets missing out on park walks taking forever to get all the coats on and dry everyone off;being late for work as having to de Ice car

Live the light nights and the warm the back door open pottering and sunbathing in garden etc

16. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Just remembered, I don't like the mud that Indie gets covered in during Autumn and Winter :(

17. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

Well, I was... Until all this talk of spiders started *shivers* Bloody hate the things!

But I do love winter morning walks :) Wellies, big jackets, scarves, gloves, the boys in their jackets and coming home out of the cold and in to a warm house for a cuppa... Bliss :)

There's nothing quite like the feeling of warming up by the fire when it's cold outside... But come January, I'll be dreaming about summer evening walks lol.

18. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Ahh, I love that I have laminate flooring this year :D (the ex would never agree to it :rolleyes: and the carpet was awful). I'm going to get them a big waterproof cushion so they can go on their bed when they are wet/muddy and I have a steam mop so quick and easy to clean the floors hehe.

Oooh and I am going to have to get Izzy a little coat! :D Might get Chase one for when its peeing down cause he has lots of hair :laugh:

19. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I don't mind autumn/winter, I just hope I don't have to dig my car/van out quite so many times this year.

20. Frollie

Frollie PetForums Senior

I LOVE winter. There's far fewer people around and I can take Ollie out on longer walks because he doesn't have to die in the heat. I could do without the rain though, to be honest. He's a nightmare to dry off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice