Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

is a kitten best for us?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by frags, Aug 16, 2009.

1. frags

frags PetForums VIP

hi all i dont normally come here but i thought you would be the best place to ask. normally on rabbits and general
    we have Neo a small neutered boy who dont get along with other males well but luurrves the females :D so would get a girlie.
    as a family we have been speaking about getting another cat as we love them so much.
    thinking a kitten would be best to get used to the rabbits i have roaming around my garden as i think it would be easier to get Neo used to another in his home, oh and of course as much as the kids (older aged not babies) love older animals they would love a kitten (they are responsable not just a fluffy baby lovers)
    so do you think a kitten is better or could an older rescue cat adapt to our home?
    ive never rescued so unsure if it would be possible to bond an older cat into our full house hold?

2. impulce

impulce PetForums Member

I would agree that a kitten would be a lovely addition!
    Like you say, whilst we all like to do our best to home unwanted older cats, sometimes the situation just doesn't fit and you wouldn't want to get an older cat and for it to become stressed by all the other pets.

Go on, get a kitten!! :)

3. frags

frags PetForums VIP

thanks for your reply i thought i was going to be completely overlooked lol
    hubby has said he wants a girlfriend for Neo but on the condition he gets to chose her lol
    we will start looking for our new addition in a couple of weeks time as we are going away next week, although ive seen a white girl in the local area advertised :D

4. ebonymooncats

ebonymooncats PetForums Junior

;)would you be getting the kitten from a rescue. It might be easier to speak to the rehoming place as they can find you one to suit your lifestyle that way everyone will be happy

5. frags

frags PetForums VIP

i am unsure where we will get our new princess from but my daughters friend has just had kittens so we will be probably having a look at them.

6. impulce

impulce PetForums Member

I would always encourage people to go to rehoming centres first as there are so many unwanted kittens and buying from people whos cats have litter after litter is just encouraging unwanted litters, but then again if the kittens are there they need homes too.

7. xpalaboyx

xpalaboyx PetForums VIP

i also advice to check out the local shelters near you... there are a lot of pets that needs a loving home...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice