Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Irregular Heartbeat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LolaBoo, Jan 17, 2012.

1. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Went to Drs this morning because i have been feeling dizzy, lightheaded, and nausea for about 4 days
    He took my pulse which took him a life to find , then listened to my heart and said that i have an Irregular Heatbeat and has arranged for me to have an ECG tomorrow
    Hes also put me on 1 aspirin a day and also beta blockers

Ive been googling about it but it all just confuddles me a bit which stresses me a bit which probally dosnt help

Anyway i just hope the meds work because i hate feeling like im on a boat all the time thats the only way i can describe how it feels

2. FrankieT

FrankieT PetForums Member

Not too sure what to say, but didn't want to read and run. Stop googling, google is terrible for making everything sound bad. Good luck for tomorrow.

3. EllesBelles

EllesBelles PetForums Senior

Sorry to hear that - I hope the medications help.

I wouldn't google too much - as with everything, an irregular heartbeat can be something or nothing. An ECG will help the doctors to determine what's causing it and if that requires treatment, or if it's stable, in which case they will treat it with medications which are usually very successful.

Take it easy for now, and all the best :) x

4. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Thankyou )
    Yeah OH told me to stop googling as well which i have done

5. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Don't forget to get them to check your inner ears too. Your symptoms, as well as the feeling you describe as being on a ship, could also point to vertigo or an inner ear infection (labyrinthitis). The irregular heartbeat could be because you are anxious. Good luck tomorrow!

6. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Oh i have vertigo, thats why i didnt go to drs straight away just brushed it off as my vertigo
    Thankyou :)

7. tiggerthumper

tiggerthumper PetForums VIP

Just to reassure you my mum has an irregular heart beat, has done for years. She takes tablets, not sure which ones, but it's a stable thing and caused her no problems thus far. Good luck for your ECG x

8. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I was sent for an ecg what a waste of time that was, ive got Arrhythmia, i went to the docs because my breathing sempt out of sink at times and a throb evrey now and again in my head, the doc said that was when my heart stopped the next beat pushes the blood thats backed up from the missed one and that was the throbbing, he said its arrhythmia and ile send you for an ecg, i went they put me on the machine for no longer than 5 mins and that was it, i rang the docs for my results and the receptionist said i dont have to see a doctor results are fine the ecg found nothing. Well arrhythmia is and irregular heart beat and it never happened when i was wired up so obviously all looked fine, so ive never had any check ups since no medication, ive still got it but docs arnt that bothered obviously.

9. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

I had an ECG about a year ago and that found nothing but i have no idea why they did an ECG then, im having my ECG done at the drs tomorrow evening and he has told me to tell the nurse he wants to see the reading straight away after i have had it, so hopefully will know more tomorrow evening

10. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Thankyou :) Glad your mums is controlled by medication my friend has it and shes had her meds changed loads of times just hope things settle with the meds hes given me, i know plenty of ppl have them and there dealt with by meds

11. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Good luck with it:)

12. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

My hubby has had that for years. He takes tabs including rat poison. Never
    bothers him.

13. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Yeah ive just had my ECG and they said keep taking the meds and see how i go so im happy :)

14. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

OMG glad your ok! You must have been worried sick ..i hope the doc is keeping an eye on you now though! x

15. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

I brushed it off as my vertigo but seemed strange it went on longer then usual thats only reason i went drs yesterday but yeah dr seems on top of it thankgawd

16. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Good you make sure he stays ontop of it now :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice