Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ironing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Milly22, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Do you like it ? Does anyone like it?

I have been looking around the house wondering what I can tackle as I am on holiday this week.... I have 3 ironing piles.

One is a mix up of duvet covers and winter clothes.

One is from this week and one from last week.

I know some people who don't iron at all! :eek:

I wish I could do that. I look quite crumbled if I do though. It would save me lots of time too and stress (yes I stress over ironing). I used to hide it but that didn't work as I would forget where I hid it and buy more clothes. :D

I am 35 years old and my mother keeps on shouting at me regarding ironing. It would seem that I do anything to avoid it though. I just don't like it.

Anyway, just wondered if I am the only lazy slattern here. ;)

2. claire

claire Guest

I know some people that dont iron but i cant do it! have things creased but i also hate ironing lol

3. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

I'll do your ironing if you change my bed's for me:D

4. claire

claire Guest

Another job i hate lol

5. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Nothing better than getting in to a nice clean bed though:D

6. kath123

kath123 Guest

I absolutely HATE ironing!!! i only iron day by day i cannot spend all day doing all the ironing like my sister does!!!

I would rather pay someone to do my ironing for me. :D

7. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Oh Oh Oh Yes!!!!!!

I love changing beds. Well perhaps not love but I do like the getting the sheets out in the wind, putting new covers on and jumping in......ah bliss!

8. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

I like ironing!! i do it while im watching TV though :p

9. claire

claire Guest

yes, i like to get in first and spread out

10. Rachael Babb

Rachael Babb PetForums Newbie

I hate ironing. I iron day by day, in some ways this is worse cos I have the iron out almost every day, but is beats standing there with a huge pile of clothes to iron........could not do that.

I'm also rubbish at ironing, especially trying to iron the creases in trousers! I don't iron my bedding either- some people I know do and can't believe I don't, others don't either and can't believe those that do! I love getting into a fresh, clean bed, just with creased bedding :smilewinkgrin:

11. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Especially if the bedding has been freshly washed and dried outside :D :D

I actually love ironing - I find it relaxing :) Just pop some music on and away I go!

12. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Yieks you could be my mother. She is okay she has a nice room to iron in, with a TV. I think I need a new set up. I do mine in the kitchen and it's sooooo boooooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnnngggg.

I may wash it all again just to get rid of the 3 piles. hmmm

#12 Milly22, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  13. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Hate it with a passion, but having said that no way could I do it day by day. I'd much rather slog over a pile of the stuff and get it all out the way for a week or so than have to get the ironing board out each day :eek:hmy:

14. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I don't mind ironing...up to a point, then it gets sloppy so I just turn the iron off and go back to it later.

15. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I never iron. I am an avid believer that your own body heat will eventually help the creases drop out naturally. However should anything need ironing then I get the husband to do it :D

16. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

i actually do like ironing, i always feel a small sense of accomplishment when i hold up a perfectly ironed shirt (yes i am very sad)

my mum hates it with a passion though so she usually gets me to do it.

17. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

I hate ironing its so boring, i have to do it though as i cant wear creased clothes. xxx

18. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

I love it, yet i hate it lol

At the moment i am truly hating it because i have a mountain pile to do and i have been avoiding it - it feels like such a chore lol

otherwise i do enjoy it because it feels theraputic - and it only feels like that when i am on my own in the room!

19. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

i truly hate ironing also, was going to do it yesterday when i had day off, but just couldnt be bothered in the end, but will have to do it at weekend, or will have nothing to wear LOL. And Mellow you could certainly shrink your 3 piles into 2, dont bother ironing duvet covers, and put all your winter stuff away till winter time again;)

20. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I absolutely DETEST ironing. I am so far behind with it now that my kitchen table has disappeared as well as one of the chairs.:blushing: It's no fun ironing for five people.:(

I put the board up and plug the iron in and that's as far as I get cos there always seems something better to do.:laugh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice