Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Iron & Wine

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Crocky, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

Does anyone know the song "Flightless bird, American mouth" from the band Iron & Wine?

If so, can you tell me what you think the lyrics are about? I just 'discovered' it but I don't really get it... :blushing:

Thanks anyway :D

2. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Sorry can't help, thought your thread was going to mention getting the ironing done whilst drinking a glass of wine :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

Is it the one that goes Laa laa la de de da???? No oh well I tried tee hee.:001_tt2:

4. Savahl

Savahl Guest

I just had a whizz through the lyrics and to me it seems to be a bit of a then and now theme.. starting as a child and his loss of innocence or idealism, and then him reaching the "american dream" but it is not the idillic american dream he hoped for :)

5. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

@ Bird: Haha, no that was not my main aim, but now you say so... :D

@ Baloo J.: I guess every songs goes Laa Laa when you hum it :001_tt2: If you're interested, here's a link...

@ Savahl: I also thought about the part that he's growing up, didn't link it to the American dream. But the more I think about it, the better it seems to fit. Thank you for your help!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice