Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Iran woman escapes stoning death for adultery

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JANICE199, Jul 9, 2010.

1. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

From what i understand its only through people intervening that has stopped her being stoned.But it seems like she is still facing the death penalty.:(

2. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

When i say us i mean the likes of you and i, human rights activists will of course do whatever they can in these situations and our country does lots of Diplomatic work on this front that we never hear about but with all that she will still be put to death so just shows the limitations.

If you start to delve into World Human Rights Janice you will be there a very VERY long time, stoning women is just the tip of the Iceberg :(

3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

It seems like accepting immigrants legal or otherwise isnt going to do anything to change the regimes in those countries affected though.:(
    Those poor 16yr old girls..couldnt imagine living in a country where children can be hung for speaking out againest the government.

4. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

It won't change anything at all but does give an insight into the lengths these people will go to to travel here, sometimes dying en route and being horribly exploited when they get here. Sold into prostitution, illegal emplyment working in appalling conditions and being kept in squalid accomodation. These are things we CAN do something about in this country as these scumbags fall within OUR legal system ;)

I remember having a very heated debate on here a while back about the cockle pickers who died. Check out the regime they were escaping from :( and they came here for a better life only to be exploited and ultimately lose their lives, very sad :(

That is the thing, alot of these people generally have a story to tell that is rooted in human rights abuses :(

5. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

6. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

But the thing is,we cant sort out our own problems let alone take on the world and his wife.That is a cruel fact of life.:(

7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I have saved the link,thankyou for adding it.Lets hope things change for the better in these countries.:(

8. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Exactly Janice. Makes me sad :( But i do think that we have more scope to make a positive difference in our own country/communities by trying to understand people in general and have a bit more tolerance on general.

I am probably not explaining it very well but i believe if we are generally more compassionate and tolerant in our own country it will have a wider impact on the rest of the world. maybe misguided but thats how i like to see it. Love thy neighbour and all that ;) (well not LITERALLY :eek: his wife might complain :lol:)

9. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

lol i can see i must learn to show my softer sided more often,i'm not as harsh as i come across.;):lol:
    I can do compassionate but i have learnt it doesn't get me very far.I would love to see all people getting along in this country too,lets face it there's enough heartache in the world as it is.But the truth is,imo give an inch and people will take a mile.

10. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

We can't save the world...the more we give in food aid the more they reproduce and rely on more.Like it or not that is a fact.
    Indian,African and Chinese countries have civilisations much older than ours but they haven't managed to catch up to Western standards of living.The Chinese and Indian societies are getting there, but their populations are horrendous.
    Too many people,too little land, foodstuffs, and water.Desert countries like Ethiopia will always be on a knife edge.

11. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

I can understand that Janice, it's really hard not to get that way over time and i think alot will depend on the community you live in :) I would probably find it harder to have my attitude in other areas of the country.

Save the Fox
    Save the woman being stones :eek:

OMG Janice do you need a lie down !!!! :lol:

12. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

lmao i think i do actualy.All this excitement at my age can't be doing me any good..;):lol:

13. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

You will be burning your bra and chaining yourself to stuff if we don't keep an eye on you :lol: :scared:

14. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

This is a powerful piece from the movie 'the stoning of Soraya M'
    Had me in tears watching it

PLEASE BE WARNED ... THIS PIECE OF FILM IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED OR THOSE OF A SENSITIVE NATURE

The Stoning of Soraya M - Video

She was falsely accused of adultery by her husband .. an evil man who wanted to remarry , but didnt want to support two wives and also didnt want to return Soraya's dowry. He managed to turn the whole village, and her two eldest sons , against her so he could get his own way
    this was a true story :(

#34 Mese, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  15. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

ah yes but that is the law there, very strict for women, she should have known better and had a proper courting as viewed by the law/her family, and would have avoided this altogether.

i don't condone how she's been treated or that laws like this exist at all but she lives there and knows the consequences.
    It's like me saying oh sorry i thought i'd just rob this store at gun point and get a £100 fine. you obey the law, if you don't want to move or lobby for it to be changed within the law. take chances, take the punishment.

16. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Its revolting. What gets me the most is how they brainwashed the kids into being against her and can do that to a mother. I can't believe men are seen to be so damn superior, I assume that was her husband who was throwing the first stones? I just don't understand how they can do that to a human being.

17. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I remember reading about her, frightening that women are treated this way still.

This is the link I was looking for earlier about some poor girl who was excecuted for having being abused by a 51 yr old man. I watched a documentary about her (& cried my eyes out) she had a dreadful life, had been arrested by the moral police as she had been accused of sleeping with other men but it sounded as if she had severe emotinal problems & was taken advantage of by them.

Despite her being underage at the time she was still executed.

From Wikipedia:
    "She was publicly hanged from a crane in Neka, Iran, on August 15, 2004. The judge in her case, Haji Rezai, also acted as executioner and applied the noose himself. She was left hanging for 45 minutes. He later boasted that she had been "taught a lesson" for her "sharp tongue". er father was not notified of her execution. The next day her body was stolen from her grave. It has never been recovered"

Atefah Sahaaleh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

18. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

In reality it's religion. The punishment still applies because they masquerade it as a law. These superstitious hoodlums peddling ghost stories are responsible for most of the world's ills. The king James Bible admits to the punishment of stoning but we, as Christians, consider ourselves to be more civilised and merciful than a God who claims to love us unconditionally yet is quite prepared to subject us to the horrors of his sadistic mind because we have apparently displeased him. :confused1:
    We don't execute murderers, rapists or paedophiles because the concept of capital punishment is abhorrent to us and serves no real purpose because it is not a deterrent.
    We supposedly live in an age of enlightenment. Stoning rightly belongs to the darker ages of man along with scouring, crucifixion, the wheel, hanging drawing and quartering, tarring and feathering, the guillotine and racking to name but a few of mans creative methods of torturing his fellow man to death. :frown:

19. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Blimey, I don't think women in countries like Iran can either move or lobby for change unless they accept that they are again risking death &/or toture.
    It's incredibly easy to sit & judge in a country like ours where you have your freedom that we take for granted far too much

20. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Its a punishment i could condone for a few over the years, meant very loosly too harsh ime sure but neverthe less the ending the same for some in this country.

#40 haeveymolly, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice