Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ipods

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thedogsmother, Jul 1, 2010.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Anyone got an Ipod, Im thinking of getting one for my birthday whats the one to get? (within non silly price range:D) and wheres the best place to get one?

2. dalpup

dalpup PetForums Member

what do you want it to do? Do you just want it to play music or do you want to be able to watch videos? How much memory are you looking for?

If your after the cheaper end then the shuffle is the one that purely does music but it has very limited memory space.

The nano is a level up I think and you can also watch videos on it now, I think the memory is more too.

The higher priced ones are the Touch and the classic, I used to have an 80gb classic that had huge amounts of storage and I could listen to music, watch films and listen to audio books.

You can pick used ones up cheaper on ebay mind you, I have seen classics going for £60 when they are £160ish new

3. HelloKittys

HelloKittys PetForums Senior

think it depends on what u want it for...music,emails,games...etc....
    Ive got an ipod touch,and i looooove it! It does everything,but it's a bit big if you want it for music :)

4. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Whatever you do don't get the shuffle one. Hubby has one, memory isn't a problem for us its the headphones ... he's gone through about four sets (the button to shuffle is on the headphones), he's looking at getting something else :rolleyes:

5. Beebuks

Beebuks PetForums Member

Definately the ipod touch big:thumbup: - more than just a music player - great storage and fun to use. If budget an issue go with the nano which is more like the classic comes in a variety of colours but has a screen which is usefull (better than the shuffle!!)

6. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I have a pink ipod nano. It was from asda (£130) with a free itunes voucher. Its the new version with a camera on

7. love cats

love cats PetForums Junior

i have one of them too, best one ive had, did have the ipod touch but thought it was a bit big for the gym

8. tordis

tordis PetForums Senior

I used to have the Classic and I was really happy with it, but it stopped working after a nasty encounter with water in my handbag.
    Now I have a Nano (in purple). The capacity is not as enormous, but it's sufficient. Plus, I love the colour and the light weight. Not sure if they still do it, but when I dot mine, the Apple store offered free engraving for a personal touch :)

9. dee o gee

dee o gee PetForums VIP

The touch might be considered a crazy price but they've come down a good bit lately. Iv one and Id be lost without it, I get all my emails on it, can watch films and youtube videos, store and view all my photos and videos, use google earth and I can download free apps like some games and weird stuff that you'l never use but is interesting to have, oh and can play music when you bored too! :thumbup: Note though that most of that requires a wireless internet connection in your house, but its easy to set up.

10. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I thought an Ipod was just an MP3 player!

11. CanIgoHome

CanIgoHome PetForums VIP

used to be I still have my first nano the very first one release which was only for sale in black or white

I've got the Iphone 3GS 16Gb (the same as the touch just with the phone) I have lots of music (640 songs), apps (38) and 3 (books) on it and still have over 10GB free it takes a lot of songs apps and books to fill that up
    I know people that have the iphone or touch with kids and game apps on for the grandkids to keep they busy:thumbup:
    the apps are good starting at free to silly money like one app I saw a long time ago at £149.99

12. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I wouldn't have that much to fill one. I have about 4 cd's to my name!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice