Invoice template

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Lounatic, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Lounatic

Lounatic PetForums Newbie

Hi
    I've been running my own dog walking & boarding business for the past 8 months and all has been going well with people paying but I've found I've had to chase a few clients lately, which is really annoying and stressful!
    So if they can't do cash I'm going to go the invoice route.
    Do any of you have a good invoice template they could share or a site that does it free that isn't complicated to use?
    I've had a look at various sites and they aren't user friendly what so ever.
    Also any advice on getting customers to pay would be good!
    I'm sure they don't have to chase their boss for payment.Grrrrrrr!!!

2. Darrell Jones

Darrell Jones PetForums Member

I'm also looking for an invoice template, I'm starting my dog walking business in June, could you let me know if you find one

3. Ownedbymany

Ownedbymany PetForums Senior

I did just use spreadsheets but signed up for wave a couple of days ago. It's free to use and seems ok so far. It seems like it will be much quicker once I've got the hang of it. It does more than just invoicing but I haven't got any further with it yet.

4. Siskin

Siskin Home redistribution system

An invoice needs to have the name of your business and address, the name and address of the person the invoice is for, date, vat number if you are vat registered, breakdown of charges, sub total, vat charged if applicable and total. You don't need a particular template for this, either use something like Microsoft word, which is what I did, or excel. Send a copy to your customer and keep a paper copy for yourself.
    For your accounts an excel spreadsheet is fine.

5. Jelevents

Jelevents PetForums Member

I give my clients a receipt when payment is made, most leave cash out each time, then just send a paid invoice from my Wix web manager

6. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

I use wave for invoices

7. Waggle n Purrs

Waggle n Purrs PetForums Member

I just got an invoice book from staples! - I leave them monthly with clients and stipulate payment within 7 days - so far I have not had any issues.

8. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I take it you mean you are still recording the income for tax purposes but just don't give the client an invoice if they have already paid you.

Otherwise this might not look good :)

Waggle n Purrs likes this.
  9. Pierre62

Pierre62 PetForums Newbie

Hi Lounatic, sorry if my reply looks a little bit late here, but thought I would add my input as I think it is worth it :). I have been using the app called Albert for a year now, and think it is very simple to use, and is free, like really free. It's great, cause you can literally send your invoice just after you're done with the dog walk from your phone. You should definitely give it a try

Tillystar likes this.