Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Intruder alert

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Charity, May 6, 2017.

1. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

The saga of the cats next door continues. This week, the young black one has discovered he can get across the catproof netting on to our shed :Banghead and has been sat there 2-3 times. He's no doubt been watching Bunty do it and has thought 'I can do that'. Bunty and Toppy are now totally obsessed with sitting outside on their chosen watch towers for hours staring at the fence where they know he will appear. If OH or I go outside, black cat will disappear back into his own garden. Bunty has seen him once this morning coming back from the other garden at the bottom of ours and she was up the tree and after him before you could say Tom and Jerry. My worry is, if the cat manages to get down into our garden and comes face to face with Bunty and/or Toppy, there is no easy and quick way out. :(

Toppy takes the first watch this morning (he's been there three hours!)
    IMG_3630.JPG

Then its Bunty's turn, she likes to be a bit more discreet
    IMG_3090.JPG

Brrosa, Joy84, popcornsmum and 7 others like this.
  2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Oh I shouldn't laugh as I know you are worried, but their little faces full of anticipation are just too cute. Monty too sits on the tower for hours inspecting next door's garden and cats and the little beggar managed to get in there the other night which caused all sorts of drama.
    They do keep us on our toes eh?

#2 Paddypaws, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  3. Charity

It just seems such a shame they are wasting valuable outdoor time doing what cats do when half the time the blessed cat next door is actually indoors, probably asleep, while they are waiting for him to appear. :eek: Cats do get some strange obsessions.

claire8234 likes this.
  4. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Two lovely cats tho'!!

claire8234 and Charity like this.
  5. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

We have had the same problem. What ever we seem to do we get an intruder. Thankfully it is rare.
    I just make sure that all our cats are in before dark. I now check round every couple of days to make sure that the cat proofing is all ok
    Recently someone over the way had a new back fence panels renewed and some of our netting had come unstuck down the side of a post. Which would have let cats in.
    I think if the black cat did come in and come face to face he would just bolt up the fence and scramble over the netting as this has happened to us on one occasion.
    The trouble is they like you we don't want them to get in any fights too.

Charity likes this.
  6. Charity

Isn't it a pain after you've gone to all the trouble of proofing the garden! Problem with us is that our fences are not standard 6 feet high, they are on top of walls so about 8-10 feet high and I think any cat would be hard pressed to climb up them trying to escape. Its the tree or nothing.

jill3 likes this.
  7. popcornsmum

popcornsmum Popcorn relaxing!

Aww bless them!!!!

Charity likes this.
  8. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

I would have the same issue in that if another cat took a flying leap into my catproof garden, they simply wouldn't get out again, and I'm not sure Teddy especially would like it. It hasn't happened in six months and I'm hoping the sight and scent of three evermore humongous Maine Coons out there for hours might put off intruders. My guys are very easy going as a multi cat household, but a sudden invader might get short shrift!

Charity likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice