Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Introductions

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by cherrie_b, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

Welcome :D

2. RodentGuys2010

RodentGuys2010 PetForums Newbie

:)Thanks Marcia!

3. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Hi there My name is Sarah and I have:

1 syrian hamster
    1 chinese dwarf hamster
    2 gerbils
    1 dashund x JRT puppy aged 9 months
    1 little boy aged 4yrs old.......biggest pain of all!! heehee Jk love him to pieces!!

4. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

Welcome :D

5. Nicole123

Nicole123 PetForums Newbie

Hi I'm Nicole I have;

2 African Pygmy Hedgehogs
    Various reptiles
    1 Chihuahua x JRT
    1 JRT
    2 cats
    3 ferrets

:)

6. Angelicahun

Angelicahun PetForums Newbie

Hey, I'm Claire.. Just joined today.

I have:

A Blue and Gold Macaw called Ainsley

A GreenWing Macaw called Charlie

A Moluccan Cockatoo called George

A Yellow Thighed Caique called Lilo

2 Budgies called Shoes and Socks

A Cockatiel called Hope

3 Guinea Pigs: Whiskey - Jack, Jack Daniels and Lucky

Four Westies: Lucy, Sam, Mikey and Spencer.

A minature Yorkshire Terrier called Ollie​

A Chihuhua called William​

I am now looking for a couple of Degu's :)))

7. chrissielk

chrissielk PetForums Member

i've been on here few months and but last week or so been getting hooked.

i have 15 guinea piggys and today be adding two more which be my final two.

A little about use i live in the south east of uk with my husband and two little girls. One is starting play school today. :crying:

I do not breed my piggys. first thing people ask as so many. i have so many as my first piggy lost he's cage mate i couldn't find any where to bond him and he was very depressed so after a lot of research i got a baby boar but they did not get on. i went every where for help with no luck. I just found people where giving me piggys the number grow yet still having problems with my first. In the end found a great resuce and the women running it has become a good friend. she offened to take on any of the piggys i collected but decided to keep so had all my single boars bonded. Then decided to hand pick some sows. As after 11 boars none in which i picked i decided to spoil myself. :lol: i look after them. i love all my piggys they are all different.

Sorry if i bored people.:)

8. Emz

Emz PetForums Junior

I have been here a while but rarely post.

My name is Emma, I am 22 and I am a programmer (trying to make it self employed first before having to work for someone else, which is far less fun from my experience.)

I have 2 male degus only right now that are called Steve and Felix who are 1 and a half years old. They live in their DIY cage that is 1.5 meters long, 1 meter high and 0.5 meters deep that was built by me, my boyfriend and his dad. Steve had a bad foot injury a month ago so he is my vulnerable little fella who is a bit shy and Felix is very playful and friendly (and he really enjoys his runs outside the cage.)

In the past I have had hamsters and guinea pigs. I intend to perhaps get guinea pigs again once I have more stable cash flow coming in. :)

9. kitkat1235

kitkat1235 PetForums Newbie

can anyone help me coz my hamster has a hole in its ear its really small but do you know anything :(:frown: , and i know this is nothing on the subject but i havent been on here in ages :confused:

10. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Is he scratching? Might be worth treating for mites? But could just be a little nick. xx

11. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Xander was injured as a baby and has a hole in his ear, it healed well on its own and hasnt bothered him since but I would jsut keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt get infected, do you know how he might have done it?

12. Trueredesu

Trueredesu PetForums Newbie

Hi:blush:

Currently I do not own any small animals (my family does have a 12 year old, and now very grumpy black Lab :D) but in a few months I'll be moving into a bigger bedroom and I plan on getting a hamster (or two depending on species).

Currently doing a lot of research both online and I'm probably gonna order another book over the weekend (I like to be prepared). This will be my first ever small animal to care for, before I've only had goldfish in the 90s, and the already mentioned dog. One of my friends at primary school had three rats as pets, and they were adorable...so from a young age I've found rats and the like cute, while parents and other family have always been ":scared: rats!"

Being quite a solitary individual I have a feeling having a hamster to care for will be good for me, and return I'll give him/her a good home :) Plus even though I like to think of myself as mature and sensible, I still fall for cute things everytime :p

13. colette85

colette85 PetForums Member

hi i have one lovely male syrian who is 1 years old :)

i have owned many hamsters in the past

2 chinese hamsters and 5 syrian hamsters

14. cassies_degus

cassies_degus PetForums Junior

Hi everyone I'm Cassie and I currently have the following fur babies:

2 dogs: a toy rat terrier Zoe, and my applehead chi, Cody

2 degus: charlie and Sammie who are 3 months old.

6 rats: I am getting them tomorrow! But I need help with names. There are 3 girls and 3 boys.

RIP to my Teddy bear hamster Oreo... I miss and love him.

15. KalokiMallow

KalokiMallow PetForums Member

I did an intro in the main intro area, but thought I should say hi to the other GMR sufferers.

I'm Kat, I currently have 6 rats (5 girls and 1 boy - who was picked up this morning)

Three of the girls are dumbos and are about 9 months old, the other 2 girls are about 1 year and 9 months old, and the boy is about 2 years.

16. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Welcome!!! Rats are amazing pets! Then again so are hamsters, mice, rabbits and piggies :D Don't worry...you'll have the lot soon :D :tongue_smilie:

17. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome Kat, look forward to hearing about your rats!

18. Geee

Geee PetForums Junior

Hi my names Heather (Geee is my nickname)
    I got my first hamster for my 8th birthday, Fluffy was meant to be a male hamster but a few days later Fluffy was declared a female after having a litter of 7! My parents refused to give them back to the pet shop as they clearly didnt have a clue, they rudely replied saying we would never rare them. After a trip to the library we learned how to look after Fluffy & her babies which as a child was an amazing experience, we successfully reared the litter keeping a baby called Honey
    Since my last syrain was Candy who sadly got wet tail.
    After a gap of many years I was introduced to robo hamsters with two being adoptions: titchy, buddy, slinky, chubs & scruf
    Currently have a female Syrian Nibbles who is the best I swear she thinks shes human & 2 days ago I bought 2 female Degus who have yet to be named. I do like Daisy but any help would be great - thanks

19. Obzocky

Obzocky PetForums Member

ooo, another introduction thread!

Well i'm 'Obzocky' and i've had far too many small furries in the past (17 rats, 9 Syrians, 12 gerbils, 8 degus, 6 mice, 2 cavies, 4 rabbits, 2 African Pygmy Dormice, 3 African Pygmy Hedgehogs and an antisocial ferret) but haven't shared my life with any for about 2 years, and I miss them dreadfully!

I'm here mostly to get my fix, and decide whether it's time to dust off the cages, give the hammocks a good wash and start waking up to the sound of scurrying feet and nibbling teeth once again :)

20. SnowKitty

SnowKitty PetForums Newbie

Hello. Its 'kitkat1235' Sorry, I did not check back after i posted 'can anyone help me coz my hamster has a hole in its ear its really small but do you know anything , and i know this is nothing on the subject but i havent been on here in ages'.
    Just thought i'd let you know my hamster died last year, Around October, :( Miss her so much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice