Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Introducing the girls

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by NaomiM, Dec 1, 2018.

1. NaomiM

NaomiM PetForums VIP

I've been a little quiet on here this week - partly because three new additions to the family have been keeping me busy! But since they've been with me a week now and are getting quite settled, I thought I'd better introduce them properly!

Please excuse the state of my garden in the pic - the rain has barely let up all week, and between that, the chickens' scratching around and my constant tramping backward and forward to the coop, the ground is one big bog. The chooks don't seem to mind too much, though, and are enjoying decimating the grass and gobbling all the worms and caterpillars they can find!

Peach (named by my 7-year-old son)
    IMG_20181201_135412.jpg

Rosie (named by my 2-year-old daughter)
    IMG_20181201_135400.jpg

Dot (named by me on behalf of my 9-month-old daughter)
    IMG_20181201_135530.jpg

A couple of pics of them all together (though it would be too much to ask to get them all looking at the camera at the same time!)
    IMG_20181201_135901.jpg IMG_20181201_135452.jpg

Kim Watcham, kittih and Colette like this.
  2. AyeIt'sLiv

AyeIt'sLiv PetForums Junior

Very cute! I would suggest if it rains a lot, to get something hard, like some big tiles or sand/smalls rocks to put around and/or in the coop as their feet are sinking into the mud, and with mud comes bacteria and diseases such as coccidiosis. Hope this helped :)

NaomiM likes this.
  3. NaomiM

NaomiM PetForums VIP

Thanks :) Yes, I've gathered a load of fallen leaves to use as a temporary measure to help keep their feet a little dryer, and those went into the run today. I'll be looking into more permanent solutions too. They have been vaccinated against coccidiosis so hopefully that's one less thing to worry about!

In other news, I got my first egg!
    2018-12-04 16.10.01.jpg

kittih likes this.
  4. AyeIt'sLiv

AyeIt'sLiv PetForums Junior

Oh my gosh! Congrats!

NaomiM likes this.
  5. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

loveley pics thank you for sharing your wonderful chickens with us :):)

NaomiM likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice