UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to forum and need advice ... After losing a beloved best feline friend we have got two 9 week old baby's in which my older cat is not impressed however watches and as long as they don't actually invade her space is tolerant with a bitof hissing ... My sister could on bear to see my special needs children so distraught and turned up with a 5 month old kitten ... Now the older kitten is not so friendly flattened her self out and attacked all the others ... Please help as would like harmony between all of them xx

·
Don't do nothing. Do something.
7,159 Posts
Have a look at this site and see if you can work out where in the process you are.
Integrating Kittens with Cats, Free Mingling

Sounds a bit like the older kitten is old enough to try and assert/defend herself and probably needs a slower introduction than she has had. It really is worth doing it slowly to get a long term benefit. Your older cat also still needs a bit of special TLC until she has accepted the new ones - it is a lot of change for her. I know with a busy household it it is hard but if each group (older cat, kittens, teenager) gets some time alone, and with you, each day, it will be easier to settle them all as a group in to your family.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply ... I have been having them on own and when feeding big kitten let her see others hoping she associates nice food with them around ... Other than that they are apart ... Big cat don't do much not even go out lol ... She never ate for 3 days after loss of her aunty ... Then the little ones came in and she at least ate ... Xx

·
Don't do nothing. Do something.
7,159 Posts
We had that too - lost one, and then got two to keep the older one company. Our older one wasn't blissfully happy when the kits appeared but at least it gave him a distraction, as cats do grieve and they do get depressed. How long has the older kitten been with you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She only been here since Saturday ... Rubbed cloth on her (jasmine) and gave to Sophia( big cat) ... And visa versa ... Left them sniffing under door at each other all sat and Sunday daytime and Sunday night when I fed jasmine let Sophia stand outside door and jasmine went mad ... Sophia is pretty laid back ... Runs usually from fighting straight to me lol ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.