Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Introducing new kitten to 6 month old kitten!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Justyna2000, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Justyna2000

Justyna2000 PetForums Newbie

Hi guys

So we just got a new kitten yesterday, he is 8 weeks old. We already have a 6 month old female kitten so i researched as much as i could to make sure i do it the proper way. I have the new kitten in my room with his food blankets etc and have been doing the scent swapping and also they have touched paws under the door frame etc. The 6 month old kitten sleeps in my mums room and has the hallway to herself too, It is quite hard as my 6 month old kitten sits under my room door constantly which is where the new kitten is and today managed to squeeze her way in!! so they saw each other, i kept them separated but the 6 month old she hissed a lot. This is now worrying me and im scared they wont get on (i know its the second day today but im a worrier:Joyful) ive been giving the older kitten lots of cuddles and treats too to reassure her but i just hope they get on! I hope as she is still 6 months that it hopefully will be okay.

What are your thoughts and tips?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice