Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Introducing my 2 German Spitz!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cloe-rae, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Cloe-rae

Cloe-rae PetForums Newbie

Hi all

I will start at the beginning. I got my own first dog 6 years ago, her name is Pixie. (I have had family dogs all my life though), she has lived with my mums dogs all her life so has literally never been alone but I recently moved out of my mums home to live with my boyfriend and have not been able to leave her alone since I moved. Not even to put the bins out etc, she has always been very attached to me though as since 2 years after I got her I have been out of work and she has been my support dog. I have tried everything to be able to leave the house even if it was just to go to the shop.
    So I was told by my family to try get another dog so she is not alone. So I did. Now I own a 2 year old German Spitz x Papillon called Helga aswell. She herself is lovely, very laid back and loves attention. BUT, she growls at my 6 y/o dog and my boyfriend. It doesn't seem like she is being vicious although she has snapped at Pixie twice today.
    I would just like to know if I should be worried or if there is anything I or my boyfriend can do to help?

2. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

How long have you had Helga?
    What is generally happening when Helga snaps at Pixie? Can you describe the circumstances?

Wild With Roxi likes this.
  3. Cloe-rae

Hi
    Yes sorry I forgot to put that bit in.
    I got Helga yesterday which seems abit silly me saying it now. Bit basically what will happen is if I am fussing Helga and Pixie either jumps up or walks up to us Helga will start growling and today Helga snapped at her twice. When she does snap it seems like it is a warning snap though.
    And with my boyfriend she just randomly starts growling at him.
    I don't for a second think she is nasty I just don't really understand why or what she's doing as I've not experienced this before.

thank you for your reply!

4. Cloe-rae

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice