Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

introducing kittens to existing cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by batson2, Jun 28, 2010.

1. batson2

batson2 PetForums Newbie

We had to put down one of our siamese cats today. Her twin sister (6yrs) has started looking for her - they were very close. Although it is "early days" we are considering whether to leave things as they are or to get a couple of siamese kittens. Admittedly part of the reason for getting the kittens is to help us get over our loss (they are/were substitute children) but ultimately we have to do what is best for our remaining cat. We have discounted getting an adult cat as it appears that kittens are more likely to be accepted.

Would be grateful for any advice regarding this situation.

2. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I lost my cat Felix less than two weeks ago. It was only a few days afterwards that the search began for a new kitten. My Lola is lonely and it breaks my heart. Also, Felix was mostly an indoor cat an I miss the company too. I think you have to do what you feel is best for you. Some people could never have another cat again whereas others would be looking the next day. I felt there was a gap that needed filling by another special kitten. Good luck with whatever you decide! :) xx

3. Wendy1969

Wendy1969 PetForums Member

Sorry to hear your sad news - such an awful decision to have to make :( I agree with cherrie_b, give your remaining cat lots of love and attention and follow your heart regarding new kittens. When we got Alfie our other two were already 2 and they accepted him within two days. Good luck with whatever you decide x

4. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear your sad news. Wait a couple of weeks and if you still want a new kitten then do it. Let us know what you decide.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice