Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

introducing cat to kitten???

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by purrlover, Jul 4, 2009.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

any one got any tips on introducing my 3 year old to my 18 week old kitten (we are getting her in aug) i want things to go smoothly i somehow dont think stella (the 3 year old) will care either way, shedont pay any of us much attention!
    julie x

2. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

as no-one got any tips? for a smooth transition

3. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

If you do a search for threads with this type of topic you'll find loads of tips from people far more experienced than myself (i didn't want you to feel ignored).

From what i remember from reading them, keep them separate for a while & introduce them slowly. Scent swapping is good. I've had issues after one of mine has been for a stay at the vets & talc seems to work as well (they smell the same that way).

Good luck with the new kitten & show us the piccies when get her.

4. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

Get a book called 'Cat Confidential' and read the story about Boris and Chivers. Fool proof stuff. Worked brilliantly for us.

purrlover likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice