Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Introducing another kitten?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Serenity123, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Serenity123

Serenity123 PetForums Member

My ragdoll is 10 months old and has an amazing relationship with my 1 year old daughter to the point where they are always together, day and night.
    Anyway if we were to get another kitten would this ruin the relationship they have? I know obviously nothing can be predicted but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience? We are also looking at another ragdoll or a BSH so pics are welcome

2. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Quite possibly - why do you want another cat?

They are actually solitary animals & most perfectly happy on their own

While many introductions work - just as many sadly fail

What would you do if it didn't work?

Do you have room to keep them separated if needed (esp difficult with Youngsters in the house who may forget to close a door)

Could you bear to part with the kitten if it didn't work?

Hopefully it wouldn't come to that & they would get on great - but it does need to be thought about as it does happen (& more frequently than you might expect)

chillminx likes this.
  3. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Many breeds are not solitary and like company, Ragdolls tend to get along very well with others. I wouldn't worry about needing to keep them apart.

Kittens I've bred with children where they've come back for a second or third kittdn, they all cuddle up with the child, the relationship didn't change just more were added.

AlexPed2393 and Emmasian like this.
  4. Serenity123

We originally had another kitten planned but the sale fell through so we decided to wait until we found another one but then my daughter developed a close bond with Khaleesi so we've been putting it off but we really do what another, I have a large house but ragdolls love company so for her I think it would be good for her I was just worried about the relationship side x

5. Serenity123

Thank you :) I guess I just needed reassurance, we did have a kitten reserved a while ago but the sale fell through unfortunately so we are on the look out again x

6. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

I think once the bond is established it will always be there.

If you do want another one then this is probably a good time as Khaleesi is still a kitten herself and more likely able to cope with the intros easily.

Grace was fabulous with Little H and she was a year.

moggie14 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice