Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Introducing a puppy to a rescue

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by XbecksX, Jun 25, 2009.

1. XbecksX

XbecksX PetForums Member

I might be bringing a little 8 year old female chihuahua home tonight to meet my 13 week old chihuahua pup. Any tips on how to introduce them??

Thanks Becca xxx

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Let them meet out side the home so there is no arguments over territory.
    When you go in let the older dog have a good explore and then let them play if they want to, supervise carefully as not all older dogs will tolerate a bouncey puppy.

Best of luck - Hope the meeting goes well. And remember pictures are a must!

3. Poppy09

Poppy09 PetForums Senior

That sounds like good advise, good luck and keep us posted!

4. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

Oh lucky you i love chis i only have one as at the moment i cant fit in even another little one. Good luck on the meeting keep us informed how it all goes and lots of pictures please

5. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

when we introduced our new pup to the other 2 terriers we put the pup in her crate and let them smell her through the bars first, then slowly let the pup wander around the kitchen with us all supervising what was going on. We aslo took them all in the garden so they could wander about, this worked for us and we were introducing a pup to a 2 year old border and a 11 year old jrt, so we managed with out any problems good luck :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice