Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Introducing a new rabbit

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Poppy Welsh, May 31, 2018.

1. Poppy Welsh

Poppy Welsh PetForums Newbie

Hi :)

I have had a female house rabbit for 3 years now. She lives in my living room in a (very large) cage but is allowed to roam free when we are in. She has been spayed.

I’ve always been conscious that rabbits should live in pairs and always thought about to getting a friend for her. We are moving to a new house soon with a garden so we thought this would be a good opportunity to get another rabbit as I’ve read this is best done on neutral territory.

Any tips regarding what kind of rabbit I should get? Male or female? Old or young? We’d prefer a baby rabbit if this would be suited.

Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Lotts

Lotts PetForums Newbie

Spayed females and neutered males get on the best generally, age is less important than size. If you can, get a neutered Male similar to her size, breed isn’t all too important
    However I would suggest getting a breed with complementary personality traits to your current bun.

3. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

Usually if you get a rescue rabbit the Rescues will bond them for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice