Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Introduced 2 kittens tonight..

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Princessiona, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Princessiona

Princessiona PetForums Newbie

I introduced our 2 maine coon kittens tonight, I know it's early days but not sure if they got on or not..

Chloe is 9 and a half weeks and we have had her for 3 weeks and we got a new little boy (yet to be named) on sunday who is about 4 weeks older. The met in the doorway to what has been his room since he got here, he gave her a kiss then sniffed her for a while. She was a little bit uncomfortable but there was no hissing or anything.

He then went to explore as he has been in one room since he got here. Chloe followed him about while he looked about for a few minutes then he sniffed her a bit more and decided to follow her which she didn't seem to like so much.. We then took the little boy upstairs to have sniff about as this is where Chloe has been for the past few days and I put Chloe in his room and she sniffed about for a while. We then brought the boy back down and they fought a bit, I wasn't sure if they were playfighting or not but we broke them up to be on the safe side. They were both a bit tense and neither wanted to be taken away from the fight.

We took Chloe upstairs and left the little boy in his room. Chloe has now gone downstairs and is sat outside his door making squeaking and chirping noises, I can't be too certain but I think he is also doing the same back to her.

I know it's early days but I would appreciate any thought on how it's gone as this is the first time I have introduced cats and I really want them to get on!

Thanks! :D

2. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I think things are going very well!
    I would let them get on with it. They are still very young and have come from litters, so they are use to company.
    Try playing with them both and start to put there food bowls nearer to each other every day.
    In next to no time you will find them sleeping and playing together.:D
    I have done this 15 years ago with 2 of mine and recently introduced a one year to them and everything is fine.
    So Good look and how about some pictures?;)

3. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Sounds to me like it's gone quite well too. At the age they are, they should soon get used to each other & be great company for each other. Good luck :D

4. Princessiona

Princessiona PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your replies!

I put them together again last night and they have been playing ever since! I am so pleased it has gone so well, I was expecting a bit of hissing and tension for the first few days!

Will post some pics as soon as I get a camera sorted!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice