Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sparrow's Pet Stuff, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Sparrow's Pet Stuff

Sparrow's Pet Stuff PetForums Newbie

Hi all!

I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Carla, I recently moved to the UK from South Africa and started a venture called Sparrow's Homemade Pet Stuff making creature comforts for African pygmy hedgehogs and small pets of a similar size. I currently make hooded bonding scarves, cube beds, cuddle cups, round tunnels, teepee tunnels, snuggle sacks and dig boxes.

I learnt how to cater for hedgies a few years back when I had my own 2, Bramble and Poppy. Bramble was a little albino male and Poppy a plump brown female. I spoilt them rotten by decking out their separate enclosures with hand made fleece accessories. I also started an APH support group on Facebook for South African owners as there was not much help or info for hedgie parents at that point in time for that part of the world. The group grew to over 1000 members and is still active thanks to the help of a fellow hedgie loving friend who took the group over for me when I left SA a few months ago. Sadly I had to rehome both my hedgies before moving to the UK as quarantine time for them would have been 3 months! A very long time for a small critter, and a stress I wasn't going to put them through. They went to a very good home with all their creature comforts.

I also have a dog named Gabby, she's a beautiful big Doberman, who thankfully didn't need any quarantine time to bring over :) We were very worried about how the stress of being crated and flown across the ocean would affect her, along with the change from having her own big yard in a hot environment to apartment living in a colder climate at the age of 7, but she has really adapted very well and has become an even cuddlier pup thanks to the cold weather :Happy.

Looking forward to meeting fellow animal lovers!

Carla.

2. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Hello and Welcome to PF, glad Gabby is settling in OK after her long journey, our cold weather must have been a shock for her.:)

3. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums VIP

Welcome to soggy Britain ;)

I will check your site, my boys need some more stuff.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice