Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Interesting walk today.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SLB, Oct 4, 2013.

1. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Last night, I injured myself at work.

I was carrying some plates (empty) upstairs and my shoe decided in a split second it wasn't going to fit me, so fell off. I tripped, stubbed my ring finger. Thought nothing of it until it started swelling.. took a cloth of ice upstairs and sat in the garden room with it.. didn't realise I had it on my lap so of course, dripping water on my lap. I went back downstairs, took my ring off, my finger wrapped in ice and what then looked like I had wet myself. :rolleyes: :huh:

Any who.. Come this morning and I realise I can't type - trust me it hurts but I don't think it's broken, my MiL is coming over tonight to have a feel of it before I go to work. Poxy finger injury isn't going to stop me!

However, walking the dogs with an injured finger was a new one.. you don't realise how much you use your ring finger every day.

But thankfully I had my walking belt so although they pulled in front - which they're not supposed to do on road walks - my finger didn't take any more strain..

Oh and a big thumbs up for the Hurtta Pro's too :D

[​IMG]

2. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

Ouchies!

That sounds like a nasty one :(

The dogs look fab though! As do their Hurrta Pro's :D

I'm sure the dogs loved pulling you too lol. It's a win win for them lol.

Get better soon x

3. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

I'm determined that it's not broken cos there are not enough hours in a day to sit around at A&E. The earliest I can go is Monday.

4. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

Lol! That's exactly what I do... Will it not to be broken :) Can you bend it at all? Is it bruised? When I broke my ankle, I was determined it wasn't broken... Because it bruised so quickly... Turns out I was wrong. It bruised so quickly because it was, indeed, broken :huh:

5. Mollyspringer

Mollyspringer PetForums Senior

Ouchy-love your photo!x

6. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

Ow even if it is broken though what will they do, strap it to the next ones, so I would just do that and get on with life. At the very least it reminds you its sore so you dont do things with it :rolleyes: cos you will try.

Its funny how much we use fingers and thumbs in ways we dont realise, a few years ago a friend really badly burnt her thumb, she came out for a drink and went to the loo, she was gone ages, really ages and eventually went to find her and she couldn't get her jeans done up, think about it its really hard, hadn't realised the issue till she had popped the button but then it was too late :p

7. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Nasty! Love those coats!!

Hope it's just bruised and gets better soon.

8. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

If you don't want to go to A&E today then I would see your GP first thing Monday morning if you think it's fractured rather than attend A&E. They will refer you for an X-ray same day if they feel one is warranted, or along to the fracture clinic (which may be held in A&E) for an opinion +/- an x-ray. Less waiting for you and less pressure on the A&E system.

It is amazing how much we use our fingers as you say and it's really irritating when one is injured.

9. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone.

I will definitely try the surgery before the hospital. I can bend it, it doesn't look bruised and only hurts if I slam my fingers on my keyboard, which I do to type.

Work should be fun tonight. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice