Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Interesting raw dilemma...

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by catz4m8z, Jun 16, 2010.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

just gave my lot some raw chicken and tripe mince and it wasnt a resounding success. Patrick, Banjo, Bess, Eric and Tootsie thought it was the best thing ever whereas Gandalf, Blossom, Frisbee and Gracie just looked at me as if to say "where are my 'meaty' chunks in gravy then??":D
    Interesting thing is the raw lovers are all dark coloured (black, b & w, choc and dark tabby), the raw haters are light (silver tabby, lilac tabby, lilac tortie).
    So whats that all about then???:confused:
    ;)

2. Tje

Tje Banned

just to be awkward, lol, and bust your theory... my light grey silver tabby loves her raw, but my much darker blue cat has a pretty strong dislike for raw. I have to go to all sorts of lengths to get the blue one to eat any raw. Grated parmesan worked for a while, Gimpet vitamins flakes worked for a while, now I am stealing some of the gravy from the Bozita tetra packs (the "in sauce" variety) and if I mix enough of that through the raw... well, liking to would be exagerating, but she tolerates it. But hey, I've only been feeding raw for about 4 months, so in adult cat terms, it's still early days I suppose. heheeehe. Test the patience of a saint they would!! :rolleyes:

3. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

My two black cats love raw and just to like you, our white light brown Turkish Van girl is the equivalent of a truffle pig when it comes to raw - you can bet she will sniff even the tiniest morsel of raw out and will completely ignore it. No matter what.

It is a constant battle of wills and currently the jury is out who will win :D

4. Sorcha

Sorcha PetForums Senior

My silver tabby and my blue and white love to eat raw :D
    It could be the tripe in the mixture some don't like. Not all cats will eat tripe.

5. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

My brown and white cat loves raw!! I don't think perhaps it has alot to do with coat colour....just a coincidence. But i could be wrong..........

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Just tested the theory with some yummy lightly cooked white fish. All you could see were dark furry bodies round the bowls and some sniffing and Elvis inspired lip curls from the lighties!!:rolleyes:
    I swear they must be taking sides about this!! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice