UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bit of a hot topic!

do you have insurance? is it horse and rider or just one of these?

do you think its important to have insurance for horse and rider or just one or the other,

and which insurance company do you find is the best and are with?

some ladies i know dont have insurance at all, which to me is very scary!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Im with Scottish equestrian. I have horse insured for £1000 (this figure is only payable on death so unless you have something like a stud horse then its not worth upping this) his vets fees are covered for £5000 and i have tack insured for £1000 and i think £1m public liability. You always need to take this as if your horse damages anothers property or injures someone then it is covered under this. I think mine was only about £119 for the year so very good. One of the reasons i went with them is they have a fixed excess. i got caught out with E&L before as their excess was a percentage not fixed.

If you think xrays are about £300 min, tooth out is done on how long it takes, could be 1 hr could be 10, or could even be a trip to the vet school so that adds up, plus you have sedation etc its well worth paying the yearly payment. My last horse had to get a tooth out, luckily it only took 2 hrs but including xrays the bill was about £1300.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.