Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Insurance woes!

Discussion in 'Working & Sports Dogs' started by SLB, Oct 21, 2016.

1. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Hey guys,

Thought I'd ask here as it isn't a pet insurance query, it's a sports insurance query.

My permit and insurance are due to run out at the beginning of November. The insurance company I am with are now just covering the human side of the sport. Therefore no liability claims will be paid if one of my dogs bites someone. But I'm covered if I fall off my scooter...

My permit requires me to have 5 Mil. Public Liability insurance in order for me to renew.

However, I'm struggling to find any insurers that;
    A) cover the sport
    B) Don't cost a fortune
    C) Aren't already full.

So I thought I'd put it to you guys and see if you could come up with anything I haven't.

Thanks In Advance.

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Have you tried talking to a Broker, rather than insurance companies?

3. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

I contacted one company who didn't do the sport to see if they would be able to cover it and did get a reply from their broker, so in a way yes, however, I am now googling.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice