Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Insurance Who are you with ?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sallyanne, Jul 3, 2009.

1. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Pet Insurance Who are you with and why ?

Mine are not insured,however after the last 12 months with Meg we are seriously considering taking out some Insurance.

It seems to be a minefield with Insurance so I need some help and recommendations please.
    Thanks! :)

2. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

We're with PetPlan, mainly because they gave us a good quote with great cover.
    But we'll probably be looking around again in September.

3. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

we'rewith tesco lol

4. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

If we ever have another dog it will not be with Petplan, Amber is 11 now to old change ins.co.

We are paying £489 a year plus the 1st £115 + 20% of each treatment.

5. I am with Green Bee now - just moved there from AXA.
    Worth looking at - and they only have the one policy so there is not confusion.
    It is owned by John Lewis by the way!
    DT

6. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

I don't insure mine. The fosters are covered by the rescues insurance but as 3 of mine are un-insureable and the other 2 are young dogs I don't bother. I'll find whatever money would be needed if it came to it, so I'm not going to throw money at insurance companies. My horse is insured because legally I have to have public liability to ride on the roads and obviously his vet fee's could run into potentially much more than the dogs. My cat is also insured as it's only £3 a month and he's out all the time so liable to cause himself an injury while not in my sight.

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

More than :)

8. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Thanks Sue,
    They are underwritten by AXA,just got a quote of £120 from them,seems reasonable.

9. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

More Than,

10. pugzi

pugzi PetForums Newbie

I think we are with more than too. For my pup it was something like £10 a month and the cover seems pretty good.

11. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Im with Directline.

Max payout of £6000 per condition, with no time limit on this. But once this amount has been reached, then i would have to pay the rest.

Im hoping this will cover Oscars heart condition for the rest of his life.

Some insurance companies offer lifetime cover, if you can get this, i would advise it. Mine are too old to change now, plus id have a million exclusions.

12. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

In the process of swapping to Kennel Club. Its about £27 a month for a male neutered golden. I think we are destined for trouble somewhere along the line and if he is insured through his butt hopefully nothing will go wrong for us!

Make sure you go for a life long policy, this is where I got caught on on Argos Gold, Roo has had issues with his ears, but next year Argos wont pay for them. Even if I upgrade to their lifetime policy now, his ears still wont get paid for after next year, stupid me. Hence the Kennel Club as it is lifetime policy. Roo came with 6 weeks free KC insurance, I should have stayed with them!

13. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

kc insurance is very expensive...i remember we were quoting with them our gsd and we got it nearly half price with petplan for exact the same lifetime policy.

14. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I've got both our Bichons insured with Tesco. Only decided to insure our first Bichon last year so not claimed yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice