Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by vicki.burns, May 1, 2011.

1. vicki.burns

vicki.burns PetForums Senior

My pup is a Springer Spaniel x Lurcher.

Would he be classed as a mongrel or crossbreed for insurance purposes?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, just rather fill stuff out properly!

2. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

I would ask the company what you should put , if you tell them what your dog is, just incase at a later date you need to claim and they dispute which your dog is.

3. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

I'd say crossbreed.....as you know the 2 breeds that he is....although I believe that a lucher is technically a crossbreed, so mongrel might be the answer.

(Not very helpful am I?)

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

personally I would just put down the exact cross he is, cant be any disputes then if you tell them exactly. Also make sure it agrees with his veterinary records at your vets. Ive noticed with both my two who are insured (the older one isnt never has been) when I made my first claim (they are with different companies) both wanted to see the full veterinary history, and they want the history for each claim after that too, so its important it all agrees on the paperwork.

5. vicki.burns

More helpful than nothing at all!!! I think I might have to call them up and do it that way, was going to go with Argos. Don't know what to go for though... Gold or Platinum, does anyone else use Argos and have a preference. Looking at it there's not a lot difference other than £3,000 in vets fees. (Obviously there are the other bits like the Death from Accident/Illness, Advertising/Rewards, Kennel Fees & Theft etc)

6. vicki.burns

I'd rather be able to do it exactly but the online thing doesn't let you, so I think it will be a phone call instead. And one to the vets too to make sure all what they have is correct! Thanks for the help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice