Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Insurance - minefield or what

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by welshjet, Apr 1, 2011.

1. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Hi, am new to the forum so am looking for some guidance and hope that this is a question that I can get info on. We recently adopted our loveable rogue Jet from the CP, and have just started to tread on the minefield that is Insurance. I really would like to get Jet insured just for peace of mind if nothing else, but am finding it a bit of a nightmare, if anyone has any thoughts/info/experiences that they would like to share, I'd love to hear from you.

2. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Hi Welshjet & a big welcome to the forum. :D

The subject of insurance raises different opinions & yes, it IS a minefield. I am looking to change mine and my head is spinning.

This same subject was raised a couple of weeks ago and I have popped the link on for you to have a read at the opinions raised there as this may be of help to you. http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-chat/153320-insurance-help-please.html

It will also prevent previous posters having to repeat their original comments.

Please feel free to put up pictures of your new lord & master as we are very partial to piccies around here. :D

Good luck & we look forward to hearing from you. :)

3. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

Always take out life cover rather than year on year, mine are insured with Pet Plan who I know are more expensive but in my experience they always pay out quickly and without fuss.

4. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Moggybay

Thanks for your help and also the link, will start surfing to see how much more I can find out before my mind starts smoking!

Ta x

Greyhare

Haven't even gone into life cover - only year on year - gawd help me!. When Jet adopted us he came with a month of pet plan so will also have another look at theirs

Ta x

Photos will be posted as soon as I work out what I'm doing!

Attached Files:

5. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

Year on Year is not worth the paper it's written on because if your cat get diagnosed with a lifelong or ongoing illness then when your years policy is up they will no longer pay out on the existing condition so only look at life cover.

6. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Thats an interesting thought.

When we had jet we had the 1 month free with petplan, so have eventually decided to stick with them and went also for the life cover.

Thanks for help x

7. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

I know that the link is embedded in the thread link you were given but it is worth just repeating it here. Check out this cat insurance comparison site that one of our PF members has created: Cat Insurance Compare cat insurance policies and save money. Any questions you have I would also pm Albert if he doesn't find this thread first ;)

8. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Hi hobbs 2004, thanks for post, emailed them yesterday with a question on the email address that they provided, i sent them another email and i think that i had one back from albert which also helped.

Gotta say this is a fab forum, loads of help

Welshjet x. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice