Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Insurance Claims ???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by claire, Jul 18, 2009.

1. claire

claire Guest

We bought a plasma tele about 10 months ago, we had the full insurance on it from Currys which covered accidental damage ect....
    Megan my daughter (who is 3 years old) has been really helpful this morning and washed the screen with a brilo pad!!!!! its scratched quite badly,,, bless her :( she did think she was helping clean up.

Does anyone think it would come under accidental damage??? because it sort of was an accident lol

Would like your opinions before i ring up Currys and try and explain :D

2. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I'd say yes claire its not like she knew what damage she was doing...bless her.:D:D

3. claire

claire Guest

I couldnt really tell her off lol, i was cleaning the oven and she thought she was helping.

I think it has ruined the tele tho :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Aw.Bless her :eek: quite sweet really!:p
    I would just give them a ring and explain if they say No then you will have to accidently drop it :D:D

5. claire

claire Guest

lol, i was thinking that too :p

6. animallover111

Im not sure about claiming from Curry's claire.....but not long ago one of my prints fell off the wall the glass ruined the print.....i was able to claim off my house contents insurance.....the print was totally ruined but i still got paid out just over £1000......it might be worth ringing them if you get no joy with Curry's......

Going to go hide my brillo's from Brogan......:)

7. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

We bought one but didn't take out the insurance but the man did say "just incase your child draws on it or is a bit heavy handed", so yes, deffo accidental if they don't let you claim under that PM me.

I spend a lot of time at Consumer Rights websites and get lots of great template letters if they don't let you claim from the insurance.

8. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Oh bless her, I bet you didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

You might find you are covered on your house insurance.

9. claire

claire Guest

LOL, i will ring them monday then, just felt abit daft lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice