Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

insurance again

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by amberspy, Apr 13, 2011.

1. amberspy

amberspy PetForums Member

sorry:rolleyes:
    as i be geting to bring my pup home in june looking at insurance with be geting life cover
    but question im after is if i ever need to claim do i pay it myself then claim back ? or vise versa

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Most vets will do it for you & you just pay the excess :) depends on which company you use our vet wont with Banjo's :rolleyes: so we have to pay & claim it back.

3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Some vets will do direct claims so all you have to do is pay the excess, then they claim the rest off the insurance themselves. Best thing to do probably is phone the local vets you would likely be using, ask if they do direct claims, and if so what companies they accept direct claims from. Some will accept from some insurance companies but not others, so its also a good way sometimes to sort out the payers from the wrigglers as no vets going to wait ages or mess about with delaying tactics on the money they are owed.

Dont forget that you usually cant claim for the first 14days of a new policy although some will give accident cover from the start. If you go get free insurance from your breeder with the pup that usually lasts for 4/6 weeks,
    dont leave it to start the new policy right until the end date, make sure you overlap by 14 days, that way as the breeders insurance ends, you will have active cover started on the new so your pup wont be left uninsured.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice