Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Insect Repellent & Animals...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Paws&Claws, May 5, 2010.

1. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

For the past week ive been feasted upon by something in my room... its not Roxie dog and shes been de-fleed etc so its nothing like that.

It seems to be on my left ankle.. ive got at least 8 itchy bites on my ankle :eek: and ive had some on my thigh and knee in the past week too! Mum says theres a moskito (sp?) in my room thats have a feast each night :(

Anyway i bought some insert repellent to spray in my room tonight, but i was wondering about poor Roxie dog? If i spray it on my bed will rolo think it smells yucky? is it bad for doggies to be around?

I have no idea... ? x

2. mellimoo

mellimoo PetForums Junior

Hi, theres some called "jungle juice" i bought it last summer its brilliant its animal friendly and kid friendly too , havent tried it on OH yet!!! lol but i swear by it i think i bought it in wilkos ...:)

3. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

oooo! thats the stuff i bought! (i think) it had a name about jungle anyway lol ill have a read of the label.. just dont want it to hurt roxies nose x

4. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Have you ruled out bed bugs?

I can recommend Avon's Skin so Soft dry oil body spray, the folk up in Scotland swear by it. They get plagued by all those horrible little insects. Apparently it works really well for them and it also does a wonderful job on your skin. We bought a couple of bottles for our camping trip last year. My husband always gets bitten while camping, and the bites almost always go septic. He didn't get one single bit in a 1 week camping trip. I also sprayed it all over the net covering our bedroom compartment. As a result we didn't get any annoying bugs in there at bed time ... result!

5. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

I dont know tbh :confused1: I sprayed that insert repellent stuff on my bed last night and i dont seem to have been bitten yet lol so ill keep an eye on it. It smells really nice and roxie wasnt bothered by it which was good :thumbup: x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice