Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Insect Bites

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by susanscott, Aug 4, 2009.

1. susanscott

susanscott PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone

Please bear with me for any blatant mistakes – this is all new to me.

I’ve recently become a new “mum” to George – an (almost) five-year old British Bulldog, have had him about a month now and we’re just getting used to him, as he is (shall we say) quite a character!

Any hints/tips gratefully received but I do have one particular question; George is now absolutely covered in small insect bites – they’re not ticks or fleas and there’s nothing protruding from the bites, they’re just itchy – any advice?

I do know to keep him out of long grass but, to be honest, any grass is long when you’re only the height of a bulldog…

Many thanks.

Susan

2. Nicci

Nicci Guest

If he's showing signs of itching or discomfort from insect bites, give him a piriton :)

3. r_neupert

r_neupert PetForums Senior

I concur! Attached is a picture of Indys cheek after something stung her - a weeks worth of piriton sorted her out (and saved us a few quid at the vet!!)

Maybe puppy acne though?? Or an allergy?

Attached Files:

4. susanscott

susanscott PetForums Newbie

Hi

Thanks, folks – that’s a good tip about the Piriton, never thought of that.

George isn’t showing any signs of discomfort (although he does love me rubbing/gently scratching him where the bites are) but we have a vet’s appt on Sat & I’ll ask him to have a quick look, just to make sure I’m not mistaken about the flea/tick view.

Many thanks again.

Regards

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice